Our Headteacher is moving on to take advantage of a change in lifestyle after six years leading our school with skill, dedication and to a very high standard. Governors wish to appoint an inspirational and aspirational leader, who can lead the whole staff team to maintain and secure an outstanding education for the children living in our community. We are looking to appoint someone who will build on the many achievements of the school and continue to take it forward.
As a leader in a Church of England school, our new Headteacher will need to uphold the Christian distinctiveness in our school and build on the links that have been developed with our local church.
Valley End Church of England Voluntary Controlled Infant School
“Caring, Christian, Learning Community”
Valley End Church of England (VC) Infant School is a happy and thriving school, providing high quality care, guidance and support for all learners in a positive environment.
This well maintained and successful school, set in a rural location and conveniently near to good road links offers:
• confident children who are eager to learn and who are supported well at home
• hardworking, talented and committed team of staff
• a stimulating learning environment with excellent facilities both indoors and outdoors
• committed and supportive parents
• a welcoming Christian ethos supported by our local church
• a supportive, skilled and highly motivated Governing Body
We are seeking an individual who has:
• the necessary vision, leadership qualities and skills to build on the school's outstanding track record
• commitment to achieve high standards and expectations to ensure that every child receives the best education possible
• ability to develop a clear vision for the future and be able to work with the whole school community to achieve it
• excellent interpersonal and management skills
• ability to lead, inspire and motivate teachers and support staff, to successfully achieve the aims of the School Development Plan
Our children would like someone who is:
“loving and caring”
“nice to us, our parents and our teachers”
“is fair, but not too strict”
“happy and makes us feel happy”
“kind and helpful”
“knows how to keep the Golden Rules”
Prospective applicants are welcomed and encouraged to visit the school. To arrange a visit please contact Mrs Pauline Critcher, our Administration Officer, for full details please see candidate pack.
Closing Date: 10am, 27th April 2021
Interview Date: 7th May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to read about our Headteacher vacancy please feel free to get in contact with any questions you may have. We look forward to meeting you.