Come and be part of our team! Elms School is a friendly and welcoming community where everyone works and learns together with a determination to succeed. Elms has a fantastic team of dedicated people who are determined to improve outcomes for our uniquely amazing young people.
Following the retirement of the current headteacher, the governors, pupils and staff are calling for an outstanding leader who will demonstrate impact through a creative flair, commitment and inspirational approach. The prospective Headteacher who will be appointed into this privileged position will be committed to promoting and developing the school’s vision: At Elms School, we have high expectations of all pupils and aim to support them with their social and emotional development as well as their learning needs. We want them to enjoy learning, thrive and become happy, productive members of an evolving British society.
The school holds the SLA for the Dover, Deal and Sandwich district Specialist Teaching and Learning service and Outreach team, which operates from the school site. Elms School is an active member of KsENT – a Co-operative Trust for all Kent Special Schools.
Our staff are a dedicated and hardworking team but we believe in having fun together too; dressing up days, such as Book Week, are never a dull day in the staff room! The supportive staff work together to achieve the same goal.
If you think you could be the person we are looking for, then please write to us and tell us why, as well as completing the application form. CVs are not an acceptable alternative.
Don’t take our word for it, we encourage all prospective applicants to visit the school to see for yourself, however, in the current climate social distancing will be observed as far as possible.
• All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check, health clearance, receipt of satisfactory references and verification of your entitlement to work within the UK. Please note, copies of teaching certificates or any further professional qualifications will need to be provided at interview stage.
• Please note that we require one referee to be from your current school and the other should be from the Local Authority. If you currently work within Kent, then you must provide a Local Authority referee. Applicants from outside Kent should ensure the Director of Education is given as their Local Education referee. This is applicable only if you are applying to work within a Kent maintained school.
• If you are shortlisted we will write to your referees, and references will be considered at the interview stage.
• Please only enclose a CV if it contains additional, relevant information that is not included on your application form. Please limit any additional material to two single sides of A4 paper, typed in black for photocopying purposes.
• If you apply for this post and are shortlisted, any discrepancies or anomalies in the information you provide, and any relevant issues arising from your references will be taken up at interview.
• All candidates will be notified of the result of their application after the shortlisting stage.
• You will be required to provide copies of certificates for verification of qualifications.
Whether or not you are selected for interview will be determined solely on the information provided in your application form. It is very important that the form you return to us contains the information that the selectors want and the information that you want to give us.
We value diversity in our workforce – fair treatment for all is vital to the quality of services to the public. Kent County Council has an equality policy to ensure that all groups and individuals within the community are given full opportunity to benefit from the services and jobs we provide.
Elms School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.