inspire nurture achieve
We are seeking an inspirational leader who has the vision and skills which will enable the school to continue to thrive and develop. The successful applicant will lead by example and inherit a well-managed, progressive and highly respected school. They will be supported by a strong team of dedicated, motivated staff, who care deeply that no child is left behind.
At The Greville Primary School, governors, staff and parents work together as a family for the benefit of all 650 pupils. Beyond our focus on academic progress and attainment, we pride ourselves on our enriched curriculum and a teaching ethos where the child’s voice is truly heard. We are recognised for our strengths in music, sport and performance.
This is a career defining opportunity for an exceptional candidate who:
- Will be inspired by delivering our strategic intent to improve progress in attainment, support mental health and wellbeing and care for the environment.
- Recognises the importance of maintaining the school’s values whilst instilling their own leadership and identity.
- Is an enthusiastic and committed leader who can manage and motivate the children and staff.
- Is a skilled and confident communicator who can positively harness the goodwill and support of the wider school community.
- Demonstrates the ability to leverage the benefits of innovative ways of working and the application of technology.
In return, The Greville Primary School offers:
- “Pupils who love coming to school and rise to meet adults’ high expectations. Pupils brim with excitement about the many different activities that happen in a school day.” Ofsted 2019
- Staff who give their time selflessly to support the pupils and each other.
- An experienced Governing body who are committed and supportive.
- A well-managed and healthy financial position which will allow for thoughtful future investment.
- Excellent facilities including two halls, up to date IT facilities, a food technology room, two libraries, forest school and an all-weather pitch.
- An active and engaged parent body, with an effective and energetic PTA.
We welcome applications from suitably experienced candidates who fulfil the Person Specification. A virtual introductory conversation with the Chair of Governors can be arranged via the School Business Manager. A site visit to experience the school first-hand is encouraged and will be offered with Covid-appropriate adjustments.
The Greville Primary School believes strongly in equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates. We will consider part time/flexible working and job shares as part of a co-headship.
Completed applications should be submitted to the School Business Manager. Receipt of your application will be acknowledged via email.
Closing date: Friday 14th May 2021 12 noon
Interviews: week commencing 28 June
Data Notice: Please note that all personal data will be stored securely for the required retention period.
The Greville Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check that requires you to disclose details of unspent and unfiltered reprimands, formal warning, cautions and convictions in any application.
Please note that CVs are not accepted.
The Greville Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.