Ysgol Dyffryn Aman
Salary: £102,159 - £117,197
Location: Ysgol Dyffryn Aman,Margaret Street, Ammanford
Job Type:Full time permanent post
Closing Date: Mid-day 27/04/21
Start Date:September 2021
“Parched pob byw ei orchwyl”
1424 on the Register; 236 in the 6th Form and 27 in the Canolfan Amanwy
The Governors wish to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Headteacher who has the vision, motivation and experience to realise the huge potential of our school. The school has just completed an extensive £ 21m rebuilding and refurbishment program which has provided it with state of the art facilities and classrooms. As well as serving its mainstream pupils, we pride ourselves on the unique character of our specialist center, Canolfan Amanwy, and its positive influence on the inclusive ethos of our school.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced candidate to apply to take the lead role at Ysgol Dyffryn Aman. The Governing Body is seeking to appoint a Headteacher who demonstrates dedication and self-motivation to this school.
An enthusiastic professional with proven educational leadership experience will be sought who will continue to raise aspirations and ensure consistently excellent learning opportunities and outcomes for all members of the school community.
The school is located in the beautiful Amman Valley, on the outskirts of the county market town of Ammanford and offers the opportunity to lead and develop the talents of all learners and a dedicated team of staff.
The Governors are committed to appointing a Headteacher who:
• A leader with experience of raising attainment and ensuring the best progress for pupils;
• Have the vision, knowledge, experience and skills to lead this successful School
• Ability to build on existing strengths and further develop the potential of all learners and staff;
• Committed to maintaining high standards of achievement and behaviour;
• Be able to develop bilingual education strategically in line with the school's vision and develop the Welsh language and ethos as the school moves on the county language continuum
• Be able to inspire, motivate and enthuse young people and staff; and
• An approachable person with excellent communication and interaction skills.
We can offer:
• A dedicated Governing Body.
• A dedicated group of teaching staff and assistants.
• Motivated, persistent and enthusiastic pupils.
• A caring Welsh ethos where all individuals are valued.
• A warm, welcoming and friendly environment.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL SUBMIT DETAILED DISCLOSURE AND EXCLUSION SERVICE (DBS)
Shortlisting will be on Thursday, 29th April 2021.
The deadline for completion of on‐line Psychometric Assessments is Monday, 10th May 2021.
The interviews will be held on Wednesday and Thursday 26th and 27th May 2021.
Please be aware these dates may be subject to change.
Ysgol Dyffryn Aman is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.