Llwyncrwn Primary School is an inclusive, forward thinking and ambitious learning community that has learning equity and wellbeing at the heart of our ethos. We are tremendously proud of our speech and language and hearing impaired units, as well as our full-time nursery provision which fully meets the needs of the local and wider community.
The Governing Body of Llwyncrwn Primary School are seeking to appoint an inspirational and a visionary Headteacher to support the Governing Body to continue our journey to excellence.
We are proud of the nurturing, welcoming and friendly environment we have created and as we grow we are keen to retain our sense of community. Staff within our School demonstrate a passion and commitment, through strong teamwork, that results in good results and a positive and enjoyable experience for our pupils where learning and wellbeing are at the heart of our core purpose.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:-
- Can lead all phases in our school towards implementing Curriculum for Wales and wider reforms
- Is dedicated to excellence in education;
- Is a strategic thinker with a clear vision for continued success who will work closely and effectively with the school’s governing body;
- A professional with proven leadership, management and interpersonal skills;
- A leader who inspires, motivates and empowers others;
- Someone with high standards and expectations – ensuring every child receives the best education;
- Is an excellent communicator who will inspire children, parents and staff alike;
- Is committed to further developing and building on existing partnerships with our families and the wider community;
- Has a strong commitment to working in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community to develop our school as a first class learning organisation.
- Has a passion for the Welsh language and culture.
The School Council would like a Headteacher who:
- • likes children (because 'that's their job!' and we need someone who is kind to us)
- • listens to others (so people feel they can to talk to someone kind and to improve the school)
- • is cheerful and fun (because being happy makes others happy)
- • is calm
We can offer:-
A highly professional, talented, innovative and happy teaching and support team who are committed to progression and change in order to further the development of the school
A supportive, committed and engaged Governing Body who are dedicated to working in partnership to achieve the best for all our children
A 21st Century learning environment with excellent outdoor provision and teaching, learning and wellbeing resources
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to take our school to the next stage in its development.
For any school information please visit the school website.
The closing date for this post is 30th April 2021 at 12 noon
PROTECTING CHILDREN AND ADULTS AT RISK IS A CORE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SCHOOL AND COUNCIL. IN ADDITION TO THIS SAFEGUARDING RESPONSIBILITY, THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT FOR THE ROLE WILL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK.
Council and School values diversity in its workforce. We are committed to ensuring that no unlawful discrimination occurs in the recruitment and selection process on the grounds of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, transgender, including those with non-binary identities, religion or belief or pregnancy and maternity. We offer a number of staff networks for employees including the Allies Network, a Disability and Carers Network and Perthyn our LGBTQ+ Network.
An application submitted for this post in Welsh will not be treated less favorably than an application made in English.