We are looking for our new leader to help us to ‘be kind, be happy, be safe and be brilliant – to be the best we can be.’
Our school is a 210 place non-denominational mixed primary school in Chepstow, with a 60 place nursery and a 20 place Additional Learning Centre for children with complex learning needs. This is a Headteacher Group 2 Appointment for 1st September 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Happy and secure, learning together
We embrace tolerance, care and thought for others and aim to integrate those students with learning needs into mainstream schooling.
As a school community we aim to:
• Create a nurturing and caring environment where children feel happy and secure and are ready to enjoy learning
• Support children in recognising that mistakes help us to learn and take on new challenges with confidence and increasing independence
• To identify and remove barriers to children’s learning and development to allow them to be the best that they can be
• Support children in having respect for themselves and others and make positive choices in terms of their health and wellbeing
• We aim to maximise opportunities to develop children’s resilience, independence, collaboration, problem solving and creativity
• Allow all pupils to have a voice and contribute to the life of the school and their own learning
• Foster a positive relationship with the local and wider community to contribute to our learners in becoming active citizens within a diverse world
Within the grounds of the school we have a well-developed nature area which is used by the whole school for such activities as Forest Schools. We hold Eco Schools Awards, and we offer a range of extra-curricular activities.
Pembroke Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.