Nos. on Roll: 183 (Age 3-11)
To commence 1st September, 2021, or as soon as possible thereafter.
The Governing Body wish to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Headteacher who will work in partnership with a dedicated and caring staff, a supportive governing body and happy, motivated and receptive children. As a pioneer school for the Curriculum for Wales, the school confidently experiments with the planning and piloting of new enriched learning activities and experiences. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate.
The successful applicant will be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear vision in maintaining and developing our school in partnership with the staff, governors, parents and the local authority
- Promote the development of dynamic teamwork and collective responsibility across a large school
- Lead, manage and motivate staff and pupils
- Raise standards of attainment and achievement for all pupils
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Understand the importance of the school at the heart of its community
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Additional Learning Needs provision
- Ensure the efficient and effective management of the budget and all resources within the school
- Demonstrate a proven track record in school leadership, management and school improvement.
Neath Port Talbot Council is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our schools are equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing.
The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
Applicants who are not currently a Headteacher must have NPQH status on appointment.
Shortlisted candidates will be formally invited to visit the school.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Check (child’s list) from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Salary Range: L11 – L17
Salary: £54,632 - £63,195 per annum
Post Ref: HRC4475/8068
Applications may be submitted in Welsh, applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.