Head Teacher – High Cross Primary School
Post Ref: POSN000695 (NCC6840)
Grade: L14 – L20, £58,135 - £67,364 per annum
Closing Date: 1 June 2021
Are you an outstanding leader who is looking for the next step on their leadership journey?
The Governing Body of High Cross Primary is seeking a visionary and inspirational Head Teacher to lead our happy and vibrant school. As Head Teacher, you will be leading a dedicated and passionate team, providing professional leadership to ensure the school continues its improvement journey, to deliver high-quality education for all pupils.
High Cross Primary School is an English-medium, community-maintained school which provides education for children aged between 3 years and 11 and sits within the Bassaleg cluster of primary schools. We are looking for an inspirational Head Teacher who will thrive on the opportunity of being instrumental in the leadership of High Cross Primary School.
The Governing Body are committed to appointing a Head Teacher who:
• Aligns, demonstrates and promotes the values and dispositions of the Professional Standards for teaching and leadership in Wales
• Is an innovative leader, able to engage with curriculum reform and design a curriculum to meet the needs of all learners
• Is highly motivated with a vision that ensures the school becomes an excellent centre for education
• Has excellent leadership and management experience with clear examples of their impact at whole school level
• Is forward thinking, imaginative and visionary, and able to develop a caring learning environment
• Is an excellent team worker, who is able to inspire and work alongside other senior leaders within the school
• Has proven ability to lead, challenge and empower children and colleagues through effective school self-evaluation and improvement processes
• Has experience of the day to day management of a school
• Has resilience, energy, flexibility, enthusiasm and humour.
• Will work alongside the Governing Body to ensure there is a two way flow of open and honest communication and governance within High Cross Primary School
In return we can offer:
• A strong commitment to professional learning
• A school with high aspirations and a genuine opportunity to make a significant difference at pace within the school
• An opportunity to help shape the future of teaching and learning and raising standards
• A dedicated and supportive team of professional staff and governors
• A commitment to high standards of well-being for all
The Governing Body and Local Authority are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Shortlisted candidates will be given the opportunity to visit the school prior to their interview.
We would like the successful candidate to commence employment from the 1st January 2022.
Previous applicants should not re-apply as applications from March will be taken forward for consideration.
Closing Date for applications Tuesday 1st June 2021, 11.59pm.
Shortlisting will take place on Tuesday 8th June 2021.
In Tray Exercise will be held virtually on Tuesday 15th June 2021.
Formal Interviews will take place in person on Monday 21st June 2021.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants. This will include an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post requires you to be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC).
To find out more about working for Newport City Council and to apply, visit our webiste.
Newport City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.