Hafod Primary School
Start Date: 1st September 2021, or as soon as possible, thereafter.
Salary: ISR L13 - L19
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Number on Roll: 223 FTE
The Governors of Hafod Primary School are seeking to appoint a Headteacher to lead our successful, happy, inclusive school.
The successful candidate will need to be:
- An enthusiastic, inspirational, innovative leader with proven teaching and management skills
- A person who can demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Committed to maintaining our current values, high standards and continuous improvement
- Enthusiastic about nurturing the partnerships between pupils, parents, staff, governors and the wider community
- Able to implement and demonstrate a clear vision for the ongoing development of this successful primary school.
In return, we can offer:
- A happy working environment with enthusiastic children who are eager to learn
- An experienced and dedicated team
- A supportive governing body
- A commitment to your continuing professional development and wellbeing
Hafod Primary School is situated in the Lower Swansea Valley, 1.5 miles from Swansea city centre. Currently, there is significant regeneration taking place within the area. The valley was the focal point of Swansea’s 19th century development, as the copper–smelting centre of the world. The whole area is rich in history and retains a great deal of primary evidence of Swansea’s industrial past. This provides an excellent historical resource and the school community makes extensive use of this facility.
The school is supported by our excellent, committed Governing Body and has a dedicated, enthusiastic and talented team of staff who work hard to ensure that all pupils receive the best possible start in life. This is recognised in our most recent inspection report.
“The school is a very caring environment where all pupils are highly valued. There is a very strong emphasis on celebrating difference and diversity through the curriculum, assemblies and the very colourful displays, which celebrate and enhance pupils’ learning. All pupils have equal access to the life and work of the school and leaders achieve this through clear polices, which show how the school engages with the local community. Teachers and support staff promote the respect of each individual particularly well.”
Unfortunately due to restrictions; currently we cannot undertake any visits to the school. For any questions you may have about the post, please contact the Chair of Governors, Councillor Beverley Hopkins, or our School Improvement Adviser, Fiona Jones whose numbers can be found on the application page.
Candidates must hold the National Professional Headteacher Qualification [NPQH] or be a serving headteacher.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references.
Closing date: Thursday 24th June 2021 12.00pm
Shortlisting: Wednesday 30th June 2021
Interview: Wednesday 7th July 2021
Hafod Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.