Headteacher required January 2022
Salary Range: L15-L21 £59,581 to £68,347
Closing date: Monday 21st June 2021, Noon
Shortlisting: Thursday, 24th June 2021
Assessment and Interviews: Monday, 5th July 2021 (Assessment Day)
Tuesday 6th July 2021 (Interviews)
Governors are seeking an inspirational leader who is passionate about education and school improvement who will build on our school vision and values and work hard to maintain our Outstanding SIAMS and strong Good Ofsted inspections. You will continue motivating and inspiring our dedicated staff as well as maximising pupil progress while developing the whole child.
You will bring a balance of strong strategic planning and the ability to turn your vision for progress into visible actions, alongside a compassionate, nurturing and forward thinking leadership approach to both staff and students.
You will be passionate about positively promoting and developing the school’s distinctive Christian vision, values and identity within a fully inclusive school that responds to the needs of faith and non-faith students through a broad and enriched curriculum.
Our children and school community are looking for someone who will be:
• Able to lead by example, inspiring staff;
• Passionate about promoting the school;
• Kind and able to see the potential of each child;
• Fair, decisive, inspirational and a good communicator;
• Warm and able to connect well with pupils, parents and teachers;
• Passionate about the values compatible with Christian living, with the courage to stand up for their values and fight to get the best for our children;
• Active and involved in clubs;
• Able to include everyone
In return we offer:
• A challenging and immensely rewarding role in a school with strong community and Parish relationships, supportive and caring parents and a supportive Local Authority;
• A highly dedicated, hardworking and caring staff team;
• A committed governing body with a range of skills and experience, well placed to support the new Headteacher;
• Happy, motivated and well behaved children who enjoy learning in a safe and positive environment and are keen to be lifelong learners.
Candidates are warmly invited to visit the school to personally experience our work and ethos. To arrange a visit please contact Mrs Janet Skelton, School Business Manager on 0113-3821960.
Assessments and interviews are expected to take place on Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th July 2021.
Kirkstall St Stephen’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The details of the DBS Code of Conduct can be found in the how to apply section.
Kirkstall St Stephen's Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.