Archdiocese of Birmingham
HEAD TEACHER – ST. MARTIN DE PORRES CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL,
Through Jesus we achieve our very best
Salary range L16-L21 (starting salary negotiable)
Closing Date 09.00am, Wednesday 8th September 2021
Start date: 3rd January 2022
St. Martin de Porres Catholic Primary School, Oakland Road, Moseley, Birmingham B13 9DN.
The governing body of St Martin de Porres School are seeking to appoint a practising Catholic to the post of Head Teacher. St Martin’s School is a successful one form entry primary school located in the pleasant suburban area of Moseley. The school currently has 203 on roll.
We are seeking a Head Teacher who:
- is a practising Catholic with a clear understanding of Catholic education and the vision and ability to further develop the Catholic life of the school in a community of ethnic and faith diversity
- puts the safety and wellbeing of children at the heart of all they do
- has high expectations of achievement for all pupils and the motivation, organisational & inter-personal skills to inspire this in others
- can build on the strengths of our school to ensure continuing improvement and success
- can continue to develop our talented team of staff
- is committed to working collaboratively with staff, parents/carers, governors, parish and local community
- has a proven track record as a school leader
In return we are offering an exciting opportunity to lead and work with:
- a caring and positive environment inspired by our strong Catholic ethos
- happy pupils who have a thirst for learning and are a delight to teach
- governors who are committed to the school and will support your continuing professional development
- a welcoming, friendly, hard-working and talented team of staff whom, at all levels, are dedicated to making a difference to the children in their care
Further information about our school is available on our school website including our most recent Ofsted and RE inspections. Visits to the school are welcome.
Interviews and assessment activities will take place on Thursday 16th and Friday 17th September 2021
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references. The successful candidate will be expected to sign the CES contract.
St Martin de Porres Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.