Following the promotion of our headteacher, we are looking for an excellent headteacher who is ready to help us to continue to make a real difference in our community.
Does your professional ethos match our culture and vision of building Knowledge, working with Purpose and aiming for Success?
Do you have the vision and skills to join us as we put the children at the centre of everything we do?
We are a small village primary school with a big presence in the local community; the Governing Body is seeking to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic leader to guide us and further develop us in the next stage of our journey.
The right candidate will inherit a well-managed, progressive and well-respected school and will need the drive and direction to build on this with high expectations and a relentless focus on individual achievement for all based upon outstanding teaching.
WHY CONSIDER Kingswood Primary School
Kingswood Primary School is an Ofsted ‘good-rated’ school based in Lower Kingswood. Our school is set in an attractive village location with excellent access to the M25. At Kingswood, the Governors, staff and parents work together as a family for the benefit of the children. Beyond our focus on academic progress and attainment, we pride ourselves on our enriched curriculum and a teaching ethos where the voice of the children is truly heard. You will have the opportunity to lead a strong, dedicated and motivated staff, who take great pride in excellent pupil behaviour and a strong ethos of inclusion.
The Headteacher should hold as a minimum, a BEd or BA & PGCE or equivalent & have experience in a Leadership post as well as a proven record of classroom teaching. Further qualifications such as MEd or NPQH (or working towards these) are desirable.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be a highly capable, strategic thinker with a clear vision to lead the school to further success and a proven track record for delivering positive outcomes
- Possess an unrelenting focus to maximise student attainment, progress and achievement.
- Be an enthusiastic, collaborative and innovative leader with the willingness to understand the team and achieve the best from them including the professional development of all staff.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to engage effectively with children, parents, staff, Governors and other stakeholders.
- Share and positively promote our school values and be approachable, supportive and passionate about the well-being of pupils and staff
- Further build on and develop existing partnerships with other schools.
- Lead by example demonstrating a commitment to high standards of teaching and learning and ensure consistent and excellent learning opportunities for all children
- Have the ability to share and learn from best practice, including the use of appropriate research based evidence.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Children who are happy, motivated and actively involved in the development of their school life
- Professional, hardworking and motivated staff who are committed to developing and raising standards
- A welcoming environment where the children enjoy learning, are positive, cheerful and well behaved
- A supportive, engaged and committed Governing Body who actively support developments in the school
- A well-managed and healthy financial position which will allow for thoughtful future investment
- An active and engaged parent body, including a thriving PTA
The post is subject to receiving appropriate references and a DBS check that requires you to disclose details of unspent and unfiltered reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in any application.
Please note CVs are not accepted.
Kingswood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This means that we have a Child Protection Policy and safeguarding procedures in place. All staff (including supply staff, volunteers and governors) must ensure that they are aware of these procedures.