Salary details: L29 to L34
To start: January 2022
The Trustees of the Cotswold Beacon Academy Trust (CBAT) wish to appoint an excellent teacher, and ambitious and inspirational leader to the post of Headteacher at Marling School who will build on the existing strengths of the school and ensure success at every level.
Marling School is an 11-18 grammar school for boys with a coeducational sixth form; there are approximately 1200 students on roll coming from Stroud and its surrounding villages, and from further afield to access this popular and successful school. The school is graded ‘Outstanding’ in all categories, and leads the Cotswold Edge Teaching Alliance, training new teachers and delivering CPD and leadership development. Marling School is a vibrant and exciting teaching and learning environment which places staff wellbeing and development at the centre of its work. Our staff are proud and happy to work here and the reasons for that include:
• A highly committed and supportive staff team with an appetite for creativity and continuous improvement
• Motivated and engaged students that are proud of their school
• A lesson observation process that is developmental and not judgemental
• Assessment policies that promote more feedback and less marking
• A culture of continuing professional development tailored to each staff member’s needs
• Excellent facilities including over £6M of new buildings.
Marling School is a founding member of Cotswold Beacon Academy Trust (CBAT) and has a strong commitment to achieving success through partnership and teamwork. Berkeley Primary School and Cam Woodfield Junior School are also part of the trust, making CBAT an all through Trust with children from nursery age to pre university. CBAT was also recently successful in its bid to open a new 11-16 comprehensive school in the south of Gloucester and is working with the DfE and the LA to develop that project. The successful candidate will therefore lead Marling School through its next stage of development within a dynamic and growing multi academy trust. They will be supported by the executive and central team and will have the opportunity to develop professionally and personally within the school and the wider trust.
The successful applicant will:
• be a successful leader, as a current Deputy or Headteacher, with the ability to inspire a talented and motivated staff team
• have a caring, visible and approachable attitude to staff, students and parents
• have the resilience, energy and vision to build on the school’s current success
• be an excellent secondary practitioner with a passion for excellence in teaching and learning, who will keep our student’s learning and outcomes at the heart of every decision
• have a sound awareness of current and future educational developments
• have a commitment to partnership working within and beyond CBAT
CBAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment procedures. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you would like to visit the school prior to completing an application or request an informal conversation with Dr Stuart Wilson CEO/ Executive Headteacher, please contact Sharon Walker (HR Assistant) via email.
Closing date for applications is noon on Friday 8th October 2021
Shortlisting will be completed on 11th October 2021
Invitation to interview sent by Wednesday 13th October 2021
Interviews Wednesday 20th and Thursday 21st October 2021
Marling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced CRB clearance