A fantastic opportunity has arisen to establish a new Educate Together primary school in Abbey Farm, Swindon. The school is due to open to reception class and pre-school pupils in September 2022, in a brand-new building, delivered by the DfE Free School’s Team.
The school will eventually serve 420 pupils, plus pre-school and will act as a community hub for residents of the new Abbey Farm development.
We have a strong, values-based approach to education, using an ethical curriculum alongside the National Curriculum and EYFS Statutory Framework.
We are looking for someone committed to delivering a varied education experience, creating a nurturing environment where all children, and their families, feel valued.
You will bring:
- The vision, energy and leadership to drive innovative development at the school, as it continues to grow and establish itself in the community.
- A rigorous approach to identifying pupil achievement gaps and a creative approach to implementing solutions to ensure positive progress for every child.
- A commitment to staff development and wellbeing.
- A willingness to develop best practice across the whole Trust and encourage staff to do the same.
We are an equality-based school where we live by the mottos ‘no child an outsider’ and ‘learn together to live together’. Our school celebrates diversity, individuality and respects each child’s identity, respecting that of their family equally. This enables us to develop the whole child encouraging all children to excel.
Our unique curriculum and core principles enable us to create a nurturing environment which develops the skills our children need to be global citizens for our increasingly diverse society.
All Educate Together schools operate under the following principles:
- Equality based i.e. all children having equal rights of access to the school, and children of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds being equally respected
- Co-educational and committed to encouraging all children to explore their full range of abilities and opportunities
- Learner-centred in their approach to education
- Democratically run with active participation by parents, pupils and the community in the daily life of the school, whilst positively affirming the professional role of the teachers.
Our ideal headteacher will:
- be excited at the opportunity to help shape an Educate Together school from its beginning as part of the on going Educate Together network
- be eager to join the not-for-profit Educate Together team that has built a successful model and has a proven track record in teacher support and encouragement
- be a collaborative and supportive leader
- understand how important it is to work closely with all sectors of the school and community
- have an understanding of the opportunities and challenges ahead
- be familiar with a school culture which is led by a strong ethos and values
We offer headteachers:
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- An opportunity to be a changemaker in UK education
- A genuine commitment to staff well-being and development
- A Trust that is deeply committed to education for the whole child whilst recognising the need for high expectations and rigour for all.
You will be able to visit Educate Together schools to learn more about our ethos and the Learn Together curriculum and to develop links with these schools both professionally and for your pupils. We would hope you would be able to lead recruitment of your first year’s staff (on release from your current school).
We welcome visits to Redfield Educate Together school where you will have the opportunity to be able to talk to some of our team, learn more about Educate Together and see our first UK school.
Start Date: April 2022
Salary: ETAT L11-L23 (£55,702 to £74,656)
Closing date: 18th October 2021 at 9am
Interviews: W/C 1st Nov
Abbey Farm Educate Together is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.