Start Date: 1st May 2022 (or as soon as possible)
Following the retirement of the current Headteacher the Governing Body wishes to appoint an experienced and dynamic Headteacher with a clear vision for developing further the high standards of achievement at the school. The Estyn Inspection states that the school provides a caring and supportive environment for all its pupils and Leaders and Managers have high expectations and set challenging targets for the whole school.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate excellent leadership and management expertise with a high level of interpersonal skills.
Applications are invited from experienced Headteachers and Deputy Headteachers who have:
• Exemplary management skills whilst retaining an approachable and open style of leadership.
• A strong and proven commitment to school improvement, and a clear determination to achieve educational excellence and promote inclusion and diversity.
• The ability to generate and maintain a stimulating, friendly and caring ethos.
• The ability to motivate staff and pupils alike to achieve their full potential.
• The commitment to further develop positive links with parents and the community as a whole.
• A commitment to promote the continuous development of literacy and numeracy skills across the curriculum.
Blaenycwm Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The postholder will be required to complete an application for an Enhanced Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Closing Date: 7th October 2021
Shortlisting: 12th October 2021 (school visits will be arranged at this stage)
Interviews: 2nd and 3rd November 2021
The recruitment process will be undertaken in a way that supports COVID-19 guidance. If you have any specific considerations or requests regarding this, please let us know.
Blaen-Y-Cwm C.P. School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.