The Archdiocese of Birmingham in partnership with The Pope Francis Catholic Multi Academy Company wish to appoint a Headteacher for BGN School for Easter 2022 start or January, if available.
• 881 students on roll [including 151 post-16]
Following the appointment of our Headteacher to the post of Catholic Senior Executive Leader in the MAC, we are looking to appoint an ambitious, innovative Headteacher to lead our school forward. Blessed George Napier Catholic School is situated in North Oxfordshire, surrounded by villages and on the edge of the Cotswolds.
The Directors, with the Local Governing Board, seek a creative, dynamic and strategic thinker who will embrace and enjoy all that has been achieved. We are looking for a Headteacher who will ensure that, in a fast-changing educational landscape, Blessed George Napier continues to be a ‘beacon of excellence for Catholic Education’.
This is an exciting time to lead our school. The successful candidate will have the ambition, determination, and expertise to ensure that Blessed George Napier continues to thrive as the school expands.
As the 21st Century evolves, envisaging what Catholic schools will look like in the future requires openness and imagination. We are looking for a Headteacher to play their full and effective part in the educational provision of that future where all are made in the image and likeness of God, through a Christ-centred Servant Leadership approach.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a practising Catholic
• Be able to deepen and strengthen the ethos and purpose of Catholic education; assisting in the Church’s universal mission and helping to serve the needs of the Parishes
• Have a proven record of successful leadership which has secured improved outcomes for all students at whole school level; progress, attainment and preparedness for education, employment, and training
• Have an analytical and robust approach to school improvement including the importance of system leadership
• Be resilient and an individual who enjoys a positive wellbeing and health
• Have a clear understanding and knowledge of how to create and improve opportunities for all pupils, including the most vulnerable, to achieve their vocation by ensuring the highest quality education and enrichment
• Inspire them to be of service to society
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Be able to raise the profile of the school within the wider community and with its partner primary and secondary schools as part of The Pope Francis Catholic MAC
Directors and Local Governing Board can offer:
• A community of faith where all students are valued and cared for
• Students who want to learn and to succeed
• A leadership team committed to securing the best for all students
• A dedicated and hardworking team of staff who are ambitious for all students, securing continual improvement in a changing educational landscape
• A supportive Governing Board and an experienced Catholic Senior Executive Leader who will support, guide and assist you to improve the quality of educational provision at Blessed George Napier School
• Centralised MAC operations, with a skilled team providing much-valued support to our schools
• Opportunities of personal and professional development with a bespoke training and development programme in partnership with the Diocese, local providers and Teaching Schools
Potential applicants are invited to meet with Fraser Long, Catholic Senior Executive Leader and/or visit the school (subject to social distancing measures) to find out more. Please contact Fraser Long, telephone 077120 89212 to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Shortlisting: Thursday 14th October 2021
Interviews: Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd October 2021
We look forward to hearing from you and to meeting with you.
Blessed George Napier Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. This position is subject to criminal record checks from the Disclosure and Barring Service and requires you to disclose details of unspent and unfiltered reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in any application.