“The warm, mutually supportive relationships that staff and pupils have with each other make this a very caring, nurturing school.” (OFSTED)
Following the retirement of our current Headteacher after many dedicated years, we are looking for a new leader for Merton Park Primary School from April 2022.
Merton Park Primary is a vibrant and welcoming school, located in a picturesque area of Wimbledon, with strong links to our local community. We are looking for an outstanding leader with vision, drive, and passion to further develop our school, children and staff.
The successful candidate will lead with strength and confidence and be able to collaborate with staff, pupils, parents and governors to influence the outcomes that the school faces on its journey to achieve continuous improvement and outstanding results. We are looking for a leader who will continue to foster our ethos of high expectations across our whole school and believe that by working together we can continue to raise standards and help our children be happy and responsible citizens of the global community.
We are looking for a Headteacher who will:
• Have proven leadership skills and experience, think strategically and be open to scrutiny and challenge
• Lead with enthusiasm and inspire staff
• Be experienced at promoting the wellbeing of staff and children
• Be a visible, positive and approachable presence around the school,
• Be resilient and demonstrate sound and consistent judgement when challenges arise
• Possess good financial management skills
• Have knowledge and experience of safeguarding and Special Educational Needs
• Appreciate where we are and have a vision for taking us further that extends beyond the national curriculum and Ofsted standards
In return we offer you:
• An effective and motivated staff team with strong leadership support.
• A committed and highly skilled governing body.
• Well-behaved children who love to learn.
• A well-resourced school in an attractive and well-connected location, offering rich and creative learning opportunities.
• Commitment to support your professional development and access to a supportive network of headteachers in local schools.
We look forward to inviting short-listed candidates to visit our school and meet our children and dedicated staff team.
Merton Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2019).
To help us meet our high standards and aspirations of a fully diverse and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and to join us.
Closing date: 01/11/2021 at midday
Interview dates: 22-23 November 2021
Start date: April 2022
Indicative starting level L12-L16, negotiable depending on experience (Group 2)
Merton Park Primary is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS) check prior to employment commencing.