The Governing Body wish to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic and committed individual to challenge, lead and inspire both the pupils and staff; someone who can build on the success of the school and ensure consistently excellent learning opportunities for all our pupils.
Coed Hirwaun prides itself on affording every child with a challenging and stimulating experience-based curriculum in the security of a happy and welcoming aesthetic learning environment. Every child deserves the best start in life, so we are looking for a Headteacher with a clear educational philosophy that aligns Curriculum for Wales with the school’s philosophy and ethos.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint someone who:
• is approachable, enthusiastic, motivated with outstanding leadership experience;
• has the ability to promote teamwork, inspire individuals and develop potential;
• has a clear vision and high expectations for school development planning and improvement;
• has an excellent understanding of teaching and learning;
• promotes staff and pupil well-being;
• has personal and professional integrity with the resilience to meet the day-to-day challenges of headship;
In return, we can offer:
• a happy working environment with enthusiastic children who are eager to learn;
• an experienced, committed and talented staff;
• a highly supportive and engaged governing body;
• a commitment to your professional learning and wellbeing.
Candidates must hold the National Professional Headteacher Qualification [NPQH] or be a serving Headteacher.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references.
Coed Hirwaun Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.