Headteacher required April 2022
Full Time - Permanent
Salary Range: L15-L21 £59,581 to £68,347
Closing date: Friday 12th November 2021, 5pm
Assessment and Interviews: WC 29th November 2021
Birchfield Primary School is an LEA maintained school for children aged 3 - 11 and is located to the southwest of Leeds in the village of Gildersome. It has a pleasant location overlooking open fields to the rear. We are a thriving school with an excellent academic record and a reputation for providing the best in education.
At Birchfield our school rules are:
• We will be respectful
• We will be hard working
• We will be honest
We are looking to replace our previous Head Teacher who has now retired. In our last Ofsted visit we were rated Good (October 2018) and we achieved above average 2018-19 data. It is our aim to continue to improve the standards of pupil achievement and attainment.
We are seeking an inspirational individual to join us as Head Teacher to drive forward our ambitions for the school. As Head, you will strategically lead the direction of the school, ensuring that the vision is communicated, embraced and shared by all.
The successful candidate will help us retain our friendly, welcoming and nurturing approach, while making further improvements to ensure that all children receive a first class education.
What can we offer you?
• excellent and hard-working teaching and support staff
• dedicated support of an experienced and committed leadership team within the school
• strong pre-existing network of support and cross-school working with other schools in the cluster
• a supportive Governing Body with a wide range of skills
• enthusiastic, happy, motivated children
• strong support from families and the local community
What are we looking for?
• an inspirational, and motivational leader who can continue to build on the strengths of our school which include loyal and • • hardworking staff and happy, motivated children
• someone who can take the next steps to lead our school to be the best primary school in Leeds
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and welcomed. If you would like to arrange this, or for an informal conversation with Lizzie Bratby (Acting Head Teacher), please contact a member of the administration team on 0113-2533009.
To request an application pack, please see details in the how to apply section.
Birchfield Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The details of the DBS Code of Conduct can be found in the how to apply section.
This role is based in the UK. Employment is conditional on confirmation of the right to work in the UK - either as a UK or Irish citizen, under the EU Settlement scheme or having secured any other relevant work visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and the role does not meet eligibility for sponsorship, please consider carefully whether you meet the eligibility to apply.