Salary range: L21 – L27
School Group Size: 4
Start date: September 2022
Whitehall Primary School is a thriving three-form entry community school in East Central Bristol. Due to the impending retirement of our headteacher after 15 years at the school, we are looking to recruit an experienced, positive and energetic leader who shares our child-centred approach. We pride ourselves on our warm and welcoming atmosphere, and an ethos that puts equalities and high aspirations for all learners at the heart of everything we do.
The successful candidate will:
- Put the needs of disadvantaged learners at the heart of school decision making
- Be highly visible and accessible, and enjoy building relationships with the whole school community
- Understand the educational, emotional and social impact of the pandemic
- Value the school’s talented and experienced staff and prioritise their well-being and professional development
- Be emotionally intelligent, child-centred and trauma informed
- Have high aspirations for all learners
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic engaged children with a brilliant attitude towards school
- A culture of outstanding teaching and learning, which is evidence-driven and has disadvantaged learners at its heart
- A curriculum and school culture that values creativity and experiential learning
- Highly committed and experienced staff
- A supportive and committed governing body
- A balanced budget
- A diverse school community united in its commitment to equality and anti-discrimination
Please download our Recruitment Pack to find out more about our school and what we are looking for in the successful candidate.
For informal queries about the role please feel free to contact either:
Josie McLellan, Chair of Governors or Sarah Allen, Headteacher (contact details in candidate pack).
Application forms should be submitted via eTeach.
We think our school is very special and we strongly encourage all interested applicants to visit to get a feel for school life and meet the current headteacher. If you would like to arrange for a visit, please contact Bev Pickford, PA to the Headteacher. (contact details in candidate pack)
Closing date for applications is midday, Monday January 10 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Friday 21st January 2022.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday February 2 and Thursday February 3 2022.
An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants along with relevant employment and right to work in the UK checks.
Whitehall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.