Start: September 2022
Location: Keynsham near Bath/Bristol
Contract: 37 hours, full time, all year round
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a proven track record of success to lead Two Rivers CofE Primary School forward into the next stage of its development. Two Rivers benefits from being part of the family of schools run by Futura Learning Partnership.
Futura Learning Partnership is a partnership of schools which span the Bristol - Keynsham - Bath area that are working together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care and be a truly inclusive provider of 3-19 education in the area.
Two Rivers CofE Primary School will be based in a modern new build and accommodate up to 420 pupils. When the new building is opened in September 2022, it will have pupils in year groups up to and including Year 2. The school already has a strong, committed staff team and enthusiastic, well-motivated pupils. We are looking to appoint a Headteacher who will make a real difference to the life chances of children enabling them to flourish in a safe and happy school environment.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is an experienced Headteacher or is an experienced Deputy Headteacher looking for their first Headship
- Has a proven track-record of success in their current role and experience in a primary setting, raising pupil attainment across the primary phase
- Has a positive commitment to the vision, ethos and values of a Church of England school
- Is supportive of Futura Learning Partnership aims and has a commitment to working closely with other Trust senior leaders and their schools
- Has evidence of using data, benchmarks and feedback to monitor the progress of every child’s learning and development
- Is innovative and passionate about improving educational standards for all children whatever their age, abilities or challenges
- Will empower and inspire staff to be the best they can be, promoting effective teaching and learning, driving development and encouraging innovation
- Will optimise the social and emotional development of all our children so that they can become well rounded, caring individuals
- Is an excellent communicator who will build upon our good relationships within the school, across our Trust and in the wider community
- Is an approachable individual, encouraging active parental partnership and engagement across the school
- Is committed to excellent safeguarding procedures putting the safety of all children first at all times
In return we can offer you:
- A strong programme of support and development for you as a leader, delivered by experienced professionals
- Positive, courteous and thoughtful children who take pride in their school and embody the school’s values
- Children who have a natural curiosity and a genuine desire to learn
- An excellent team of dedicated and motivated practitioners, passionate about school improvement and improving children's opportunities and outcomes
- Strong links between our school community
- A very active and involved PTA that raises funds for the school and gives the children opportunities they otherwise would not have
- A pro-active and energetic Governing Body that understands the role of being both supportive and a challenging friend
- Benefits include; pension scheme, discounted sports centre/gym membership, free wellbeing support & medical cover, free on-site parking and cycle to work scheme.
If you share our passion for raising aspirations and increasing children’s life chances through education, and if you believe that you have the skills and expertise to make a significant contribution to the life and work of our school, we do hope you will consider joining the Two Rivers team as our new Headteacher.
We warmly invite you to make a visit to our school where you will be able to meet members of staff, children and governors. To arrange your visit please contact Victoria Manuel at Futura Learning Partnership central team office on 0117-946-1229.
Shortlisting: w/c 17th January
Interviews (2 days): w/c 24th January
Futura Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Futura Learning Partnership will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.
Two Rivers CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.