Number of pupils on school roll 235
Required from 1st September 2022
Pay scale £59,581 to £68,347 per annum (L15 - L21)
Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher, the Governing Body of St Francis Catholic Primary School wish to appoint a dedicated and inspirational individual with vision to lead our school. We are looking for a practising Catholic who we can appoint as our new Headteacher.
St Francis is a one form entry Catholic school in the Morley area of Leeds, blessed with a history of effective leadership and supportive Governors. We have a strong record of good academic results; nationally we are currently in the top 2% for Maths and top 10% for English. We pride ourselves on our close links with families and the parish community.
Our current Headteacher is leaving a great legacy for the in-coming Headteacher. Our school is successful, highly regarded and popular. Staff, leaders and governors make a significant contribution to the Catholic life of the school and help nurture our pupils to succeed and achieve their full potential.
We can offer you:
• an inclusive school with amazing, truly diverse, well-motivated pupils who have a thirst for knowledge and learning and a respect for their peers and adults alike.
• a caring and positive environment inspired by our strong Catholic ethos.
• a well-established and resourced school with high aspirations for pupils and staff.
• a highly supportive and committed Governing Body.
• a highly experienced Senior Leadership Team focused on continual school improvement.
• a welcoming, friendly, hard-working, highly cohesive staff team who are dedicated to making a difference to the children in their care.
• a commitment to your own continuing professional development.
Our children want a headteacher who:
• makes school and learning enjoyable and fun.
• has high expectations for each of them to be the best they possibly can be.
• is fair, treats them with respect and keeps them safe.
• recognises them as individuals and is approachable and kind.
We want a leader who:
• has a vision for the future of St Francis and will lead staff and pupils towards achieving this vision.
• will lead our school to learn and grow as God’s family in line with our mission statement.
• is ambitious in their approach to meeting the needs of all our children through the curriculum.
• can develop and sustain outstanding teaching and learning, embracing new developments and changes in an ever-shifting education landscape.
• is supportive, understanding and mindful of a healthy work/life balance.
Further information and an application pack is available under the vacancies section of our website.
Applications will only be accepted on the CESEW form which should be returned by 12 noon on 24th January 2022. If you require the form in an alternative format please email with further details.
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 27th January 2022 and the selection process will take place on Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd February 2022.
If you have any queries about the post or the school, please contact our current Headteacher Mrs Rose Harrison on 0113-323 0554.
Visits to school are warmly welcomed, please contact the school office on 0113-3230554 to make an appointment.
For full contact details please see attached recruitment pack.
St Francis Catholic Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The offer of employment is subject to the satisfactory completion of all necessary pre-employment checks. These checks include an enhanced DBS certificate, satisfactory references, Childcare Disqualification check, Teacher Prohibition check, Qualifications, Health Questionnaire, Identity and the Right to Work in the UK.
St Francis Catholic Primary School, Morley is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.