The Corinium Education Trust
We are seeking to appoint an experienced school leader with excellent knowledge and experience of pedagogy and curriculum design to the post of Headteacher who will:
• recognise the current direction of travel and help the school continue ahead on its improvement journey by building on the foundations that have already been laid;
• define and promote the school’s distinctive characteristics;
• provide clear leadership, inspire and motivate everyone in the school’s community to be the best they can be every day;
• develop and strengthen the teaching team at Chesterton Primary School drawing on research informed practice to ensure the quality of education is ambitious and meets the needs of all learners in the school community;
• effectively evaluate the quality of education and ensure that pupils learn the intended curriculum;
• build positive relationships with pupils, parents and staff;
• share The Corinium Education Trust’s ambition for all of its schools.
In return, we offer:
• A community of like-minded professionals committed to working collaboratively in the best interests of our pupils and to bring about school improvement. We support and challenge each other;
• The opportunity to be a part of a MAT-wide leadership team and contribute to shaping our future;
• An induction programme for all new staff and support to help you develop as a leader, talent identification and succession planning;
• Cross-phase research and evidence-based continuing professional development;
• Career progression and the opportunity to develop further as a leader in one or more of our schools over time;
• Good governance and a commitment to curriculum-led financial planning.
This is an exciting time to join The Corinium Education Trust. We are a small, but growing mixed multi-academy trust committed to improving the learning and life chances of children and young people in Cirencester and the South Cotswolds.
Karen Venner, the current headteacher, would be delighted to show you around the school.
A letter to applicants, recruitment pack which includes a job description, person specification, information about Chesterton Primary School and information about the Corinium Education Trust as well as an application form are available from the website to give candidates additional information.
Chesterton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.