The Governing Body at Guiseley Primary School are seeking to appoint a committed, strong, dynamic and visionary Headteacher to join our exceptional school. Guiseley Primary School is a popular and aspirational school serving the children and families in northwest Leeds.
Guiseley is a semi-rural, attractive town in the outer area of Leeds with a thriving town centre and good transport links to the city. We are close to the Yorkshire Dales and areas of outstanding natural beauty.
Guiseley Primary School is part of the Aireborough Learning Partnership Trust. We have a thriving Children's Centre on site serving the local area and the Headteacher has responsibility for strategic leadership of the centre.
At its last inspection in 2018, the school was rated ‘good’ by OFSTED in all areas with outstanding in personal development, behaviour and welfare.
As a school we are committed to our children's wellbeing and progress, their academic achievement and personal development, and their contribution to our community. We believe in keeping our children safe and providing the best care and education for our children and families from 0-11.
We have strong and integrated values that underpin everything we do. We want a new Headteacher who will build on our strengths and lead us into a successful future; someone who will be proud of everything we do and who will promote our whole family approach.
We are inclusive, open, friendly and focussed on all our children receiving the very best education.
Are you an existing or aspiring Headteacher with proven experience, expertise and ability to lead and inspire children and a dedicated staff team? Are you a successful leader and a manager with the wellbeing of children, families and staff at the heart of everything you do?
- Are you passionate about teaching and learning and developing the full potential of every child and every member of staff?
- Are you approachable, consistent and experienced?
- Are you able to ensure our children continue to develop both academically and personally into the fulfilled and confident young people we believe they can be?
In addition we are seeking:
- A confident, experienced leader with expertise in managing a large talented staff team
- A proven track record of raising both pupil attainment and standards of teaching and learning across a whole school;
- A commitment to the highest quality and constant and consistent improvement.
- A strong vision and ethos that supports our values and culture;
- An excellent practitioner with the ability to inspire children and staff to learn, grow and achieve through a board and balanced curriculum.
- Current experience of senior leadership in a primary setting
- A commitment to families and community and expertise in working in partnership
We can offer you:
- A warm, friendly and welcoming school, which is central within our community.
- A talented, committed and dedicated staff team
- A community of kind, caring and well behaved children who engage enthusiastically in all aspects of school life
- A school that believes in supporting children and their families and is inclusive, fostering strong and respectful relationships between all.
- Support and challenge from the Governing Body, the Trust, your fellow leaders and colleagues. Opportunities to work in partnership and to be part of the Cluster arrangements.
- An opportunity to see the unique and huge opportunities that exist in school and the wider Aireborough area.
- A school with the highest of expectations for all its children and families.
- Facilitated access to professional qualifications (NPQML, NPQSL, SENDco).
- Happy and enthusiastic children who thrive in a safe, caring and inspiring environment.
- A Trust community which has come together to share best practice and work together on early years, primary and secondary projects.
We welcome and actively encourage visits to our school and these will be held on Wednesday 25th or Thursday 26th May 2022 at 9.30am, 1.30pm or 3:45pm.
Please contact Judith Rodley, School Business Manager, to make an appointment.
The closing date for applications is: Monday 6th June at noon.
Shortlisting will take place on: Friday 10th June
Assessments and interviews will take place on: Thursday 16th and Friday 17th June 2022.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The details of the DBS Code of Conduct can be found in the how to apply section.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Guiseley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.