The Governing Body at Ysgol Gymraeg Pen y Garth are seeking to appoint an exceptional Headteacher who is able to update, implement and drive the vision and ethos of the school. The successful candidate should be caring, dynamic and have excellent communication skills.
Ysgol Gymraeg Pen y Garth is a Group 3 school with 338 pupils on roll including 55 nursery places. The school is situated in the seaside town of Penarth in the Vale of Glamorgan. The school is well supported by parents, the governing body and the local authority.
The school was last inspected in 2016. At that time current performance and prospects for improvement were judged as good. Currently, the school has many strengths but Governors also recognize there are a number of important areas for development that include; development of the curriculum, wellbeing, ALN provision and communication with stakeholders.
We are looking for a headteacher who will:
• Fully commit to raising the profile of the school.
• Have excellent leadership skills, with a proven track record.
• Be passionate about Welsh medium education including co-construction of strategic plans to increase learner numbers.
• Inspire and motivate learners and staff.
• Ensure the school’s curriculum is engaging, exciting and fun!
• Ensure that learner and staff wellbeing is central to all decisions, actions and developments.
• Demonstrate an inclusive approach towards teaching and learning of all learners.
• Be fully committed to developing strong working relationships with; learners, staff, parents, governors and the local community.
• Have a proven record of robust performance analysis and financial management.
In return, we can offer:
• The opportunity to bring about key improvements with the support of the school’s community.
• Enthusiastic and motivated learners who are keen to learn.
• An experienced staff team who are committed to positive change in order to further the development of the school.
• A dedicated and passionate governing body who will provide expertise, support and challenge.
If you are considering applying and would like to visit the school on either Monday 20th June, Tuesday 21st June or Wednesday 22nd June please contact Jeremy Morgan - proceed to application for contact details.
Closing date: Tuesday 28th June 2022 at 12:00 midday
Shortlisting date: Thursday 30th June 2022
Interview dates: Wednesday 6th July 2022 and Thursday 7th July 2022
Please visit our website for more information on our school
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Ysgol Pen Y Garth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.