This is an exciting opportunity for a school leader to be part of a new school opening as part of an elite organisation in China. The school group already has highly regarded schools in South East Asia and is opening 4 new sites in China for Aug 2020. The position of Head of lower school is key to the ongoing success of the brand and vital in establishing strong links within the community.
Drawing on 450 years of education excellence from Harrow School, UK, Asia International School Limited (AISL) has almost 25 years of experience in quality education, opening international schools in Bangkok (in 1998), Beijing (in 2005), Hong Kong (in 2012) and Shanghai (in 2016).
Bringing world-class bilingual education to Zhuhai, the opening of Harrow Innovation Leadership Academy (Harrow ILA) Zhuhai marks a significant milestone for education in Zhuhai and the Greater Bay Area.
Harrow ILA Zhuhai, is situated in Hengqin in a prime location next to Novotown in the New District area. With a campus covering 47,915 m2, the school will accept students from Grades 1 to 7 (age 6 to 13) in its first year. Designed by renowned architects, Aedas and with input from Harrow’s school design specialists, at capacity, the campus can accommodate approximately 1,200 students, including 317 boarders (from Grade 4 and above).
Interactive outdoor learning spaces encourage students to engage with a natural educational environment; facilities linked by green pathways with a range of multipurpose spaces distributed across the campus, support learner collaboration and a sense of community.
Additional to our main site, we will be opening an attractive and spacious Harrow ‘Little Lions’ (LL) Early Years Centre alongside the launch of Harrow ILA Zhuhai. The Harrow LL site is some 30 minutes away from the Harrow ILA Zhuhai campus, enjoying all the amenities of a high quality stand-alone kindergarten facility, though with strong ties to the HILA.
We are seeking high performing staff for posts commencing in January 2021. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements
· Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
· Minimum 4 years senior leadership experience
· Familiarity with the National Curriculum of England (Plus IGCSE/GCSE and/or A Levels as appropriate)
· Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
· A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
· Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
· Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
· Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
· A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
· A clean International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) or police check (for applicants who have never worked in UK)
The Head of Lower School will be line managed by the Headmaster / Head mistress of the whole school.
The purpose of the job is to:
• Establish, evaluate and develop the academic aims and standards of the Lower School in partnership with pupils, staff, governors, HIMS
personnel and parents
• Take responsibility for the leadership, and management of Lower School
• Assist the Head Master/Mistress in establishing and maintaining a vibrant and thriving school
Education, training and qualifications
• Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
• Evidence of relevant and challenging continuing professional development
• Working knowledge of the National Curriculum of England including EYFS, KS1 and KS2
• Advanced degree in Education, NPQH or equivalent (desirable)
Knowledge and experience
• Experience in teaching learners with diverse needs, especially EAL, in early childhood/ primary school stage
• Experience in managing performance of staff, especially senior or middle level managers
• Experience in highly effective relationship management with a variety of stakeholders
• Experience or clear understanding of early childhood/ Lower School stage leadership in an international school environment
• Knowledge of international accreditation, inspection and evaluation frameworks
• Knowledge and understanding of child development and its impact on behaviour
• Knowledge and understanding of positive behaviour management of pupils and evidence of effective practice in a range of settings
To apply, please submit a CV with photograph and skype contact along with a letter of application to email@example.com
Harrow Schools are committed to the safety and protection of children.