Number on Roll: 1100
11-16 English Medium Community Comprehensive School
Following the retirement of the previous Headteacher, the Governing Body are seeking to appoint an exceptional and experienced leader to the post of Headteacher. This is an exciting opportunity to join a very popular school at the heart of our community where our young people are given every opportunity to flourish. The school has recently benefited from a Welsh Government 21st Century School Modernisation programme. We were judged ‘Good with good prospects for improvement’ in our last Estyn Inspection in November 2015, and we are continuing our improvement drive in all that we do.
The post offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and committed individual that has demonstrated that they:
- are an inspirational personable leader
- have vision, enthusiasm and creativity to inspire our young people and staff
- have a significant track record of raising achievement
- lead by example and work as part of a successful team, motivating and developing others
The well-being of our Learners and the wider community is at the heart of everything Connah’s Quay High School stands for. The new Headteacher must embody and demonstrate enthusiasm and passion to fulfil our vision.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children. All appointments are made subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure; checks of professional status; confirmation of professional qualifications; receipt of strong references, and medical clearance.
The closing date for this post is 10.00am – Monday, 6th June 2022.
Interviews are scheduled for week commencing 13th June 2022.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children. In this light, we would like to draw the following matters to your attention:
1. All appointments are made subject to:
a. An enhanced CRB disclosure;
b. Checks of professional status (GTCW; QTS etc.);
c. Confirmation of professional qualifications;
d. Receipt of strong references (if not received by the time of interview); and
e. Medical clearance
2. We only accept applications completed on the Flintshire application form with a covering letter. Please do not send CVs or open testimonials. More detail about the content of applications is provided in the application pack.
3. Please ensure that application form is completed in full. In particular, you must ensure that a full work history is provided and that any gaps in your employment are fully explained.
4. The referees cited in your application form must include your employer from the last occasion in which you worked with children. If your last employment was in a school, we would expect a reference from the Headteacher and/or Deputy/Assistant Headteacher.
5. When seeking references, we will request information about your suitability to work with children.
6. If you are shortlisted, any anomalies in your application will be discussed with you at interview.
We encourage you to pay close attention to these matters so that your application is not excluded unnecessarily.