When you join us, you will see that working for us is more than just a job - you will be part of a team who have built a highly successful, fast growing business.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION
Working in partnership with YMCA Lincolnshire, this role is responsible for the planning and delivery of a high quality health and fitness educational programme which truly inspires and influences our learners’ future life’s.
In addition, this role will develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders by delivering excellence in everything they do. As part of this role the SCL Teacher will be involved in working with learners on a face to face group, virtual group and/or one-to-one basis, delivering all aspects of qualification. In conjunction with the delivery of a health and fitness programme, this role may be required to deliver critical employability programmes which prepares young people and adults for the working world in modern day Britain.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Teaching/Learner Management
- Identify and progress new topic areas, courses and teaching materials whilst maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge
- Lead, inspire and support learners with different abilities
- Mark work, giving appropriate feedback and maintain records of learners’ progress and development
- Manage and monitor all learner evidence in line with company and awarding body requirements
- Devise and oversee examinations, ensure regular contact with the Quality Trainer (IV) to ensure quality standards are met
- Ensure all learners are progressing through their qualification adhering to schemes of work/curriculum plans
- Maintain regular communication with Key Stakeholders on learner progress
- Carry out a pastoral role as a personal tutor to learners or working closely with an SCL Progress Coach
- Identify and plan additional support for learners as necessary
- Act as a Company representative at parents'/guardians’ evenings, taster days, open days and careers or education conventions
- Interview potential learners and conduct assessments as necessary
- Manage learner behaviour and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of unacceptable behaviour.
- Establish work experience and carry out learner assessments in the workplace, as appropriate
- Ensure Equality and Diversity is embedded and instilled both in and out of the classroom
- Identify and raise any safeguarding issues to the relevant representative
- Promote and instil a safe learning environment
- Participate in regular developmental observations, deep dives and in-service training as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
- Attend team meetings to monitor, review and evaluate relevant courses
- Understand fully the national standards for each qualification
- Account Management
- Act as the Company’s representative at club/site trials and events
- Manage and support all learner recruitment with the commercial department
- Achieve aspirational targets and KPIS for your learners including targets around retention, achievement, high grades, progress and progression, English and Math etc.
- Promote and market SCL services within client settings
- Actively promote further opportunities for course participation
- Maintain knowledge regarding Education and Training stakeholders’ policies and procedures
- Provide timely feedback to Key Stakeholders on a regular basis
- Ensure that safeguarding, prevent and E&D policies and own training is kept up to date at all times
- Meet all course and general administration requirements such as but not limited to: o Management and reporting of student attendance o Update qualification Tracker Sheet o Use of ProSuite software to track, monitor, and rapidly improve learner performance and progress. o Management and reporting of student behaviour o Learner reports in line with customer or SCL requirements o Ensure all Health & Safety checks are completed o General course administration
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A recognised secondary or post 16 teaching qualification, e.g. PGCE, DTTLS OT A1 Award
- Minimum of a level 3 personal trainer qualification
- First Aid
WHAT SCL OFFER?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection, and reimbursement for dental, optical, and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
SCL Education & Training is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.