£30,269 - £36,114 (depending on qualifications and experience and including a market supplement of up to £4k for a strong candidate with experience in the FE sector) pro-rated.
The post holder will coordinate work systems to ensure that the working conditions of the College are compliant with relevant health and safety legislation, ISO 14001 accreditation and good practise.
The role will involve working closely with all departments to help with assisting and advising on completing risk assessments, carrying out fire practise at all sites and providing advice on Health and Safety matters. Please see job description for full details.
Candidates should have the following relevant skills and experience:
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Environmental knowledge
- DSE Advanced Assessor’s experience
- Health and Safety Officer experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Report writing skills
Experience of developing and reviewing approaches to environmental management in line with ISO14001 is desirable.
The College is keen to attract the very best candidate, and would consider applicants who are interested in attaining further specific qualifications.
Whilst the post is principally based at the Sparsholt campus the successful applicant will need to travel and work at the Andover campus as required. We are willing to consider applicants who wish to work on a 0.8fte basis.
Closing Date: 26 October 2020
• Eligibility to join a defined contribution pension scheme (NEST)
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 24 days (rising to 27 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with closure days at Xmas.
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• Free Library membership
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.