Learning Support Assistant, 37 Hours per week, over 5 days
Term time only (38 weeks a year).
Governors of St Bede’s wish to appoint a Healthcare Assistant to join the existing team to provide medical support and practical access to the curriculum for a student in the 11-16 age range. The ideal candidate will have healthcare experience, but full training for working with the student will be provided.
This post is to commence as soon as possible.
We are a friendly and welcoming team. The successful candidate will be working with a student with a physical disability requiring assistance with ongoing academic and personal development. There will be a need to provide support with complex needs.
Experience of working with students with physical disabilities is essential. We are looking for someone who is:
• flexible and has a caring approach to their duties, always ensuring the student has the necessary support
• able to work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff
• able to deliver programmes designed by a number of outside agencies such as Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
• willing to enter fully into the life of the college
• willing to support a pupil with personal care where necessary
St Bede’s can offer you:
• Training where necessary
• A highly supportive staff team
• Excellent facilities and resources
The annual salary for this post is £16,364 – £18,067, depending on experience
This post is fixed term until 31st December 2021, in the first instance – it’s continuation is dependent on the continuation of funding.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. All posts at St Bede’s are subject to a probationary period of six months.
A job description and application form can be obtained from our website.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is noon on Friday 26th February 2021
St Bede’s is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils and promoting their welfare. The successful applicant for this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks, good references and medical clearance.