Helston Community College, part of the Southerly Point Co-operative Multi-Academy Trust, are looking to appoint a confident, caring and organised person to join the College in the role of Healthcare Assistant. The role will require applicants to assess the medical and welfare needs of students and staff, and administer front line First Aid. The position will include other administrative duties in support of the wider College, making this role both varied and interesting.
The main tasks are:
• Provide daily clinical care for all students and staff, evaluating and responding to medical needs and emergencies, administrating appropriate first aid, and liaising with emergency services as required.
• Administer prescribed medicines according to agreed protocols and College policies.
• Liaise with partner schools in order to assess students’ potential medical needs prior to their attendance at the College.
• Network with internal and external health agencies.
• Take responsibility for students with specialist medical needs, including the maintenance of care plans and communication with relevant parties.
• Maintain confidential records appropriate to the medical needs and wellbeing of students and staff.
Applicants must hold a current 3-day First Aid at Work Certificate as a minimum requirement; applications from RGNs will be welcomed. Relevant experience of working with young people would be an advantage, although it is not essential.
Scale 6: £22,009 pa FTE / Actual Salary: £18,684 pa pro rata [Probationary rate may apply: £20,909 pa FTE / Actual: £17,750 pa pro rata]
Contract: 37 hours per week / Term Time incl. INSETs]
Closing Date: Sunday 6th December 2020
Interviews: During the week commencing 7th December 2020
We are committed to promoting aspiration, encouraging ambition and ensuring achievement within a values-driven ethos.
Southerly Point Co-operative Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.