High School PE and Athletic Director
Full time and Permanent
Required from August 2020
Overview of the School and the Role
TLC International School is a well-established International School situated in Dongguan, China. We are seeking an outstanding High School PE and Health Teacher who is available to begin work in August 2020.
It's often difficult to find a school that offers a balanced, nurturing environment as well as, high quality academic instruction. All parents want to provide the best possible education for their child. TLC International School is uniquely qualified to exceed your expectations.
TLC International School was started by Dr. and Mrs. Craig Kempf after decades of experience in teaching and administrating in American school settings. They came to China in 2002 invited by a local university to lead their English Training Department. However, after some exposure to the local international schools in Dongguan, they felt there was still an unmet need in this age bracket as well. A small group of expatriate families who were looking for a school for their children approached the Kempfs. They wanted to find a school that would teach strong moral character as well as hire teachers with a loving approach and strong grasp on truth.
We are seeking applicants who have:
- A Bachelors degree in Physical Education or in a field related to the role.
- Teaching experience at the High School level.
- Familiarity with the needs of secondary age students
- Strong leadership style with the ability to delegate responsibility
- Supervision experience
- Pro-active decision maker
- Skill at interpersonal relationships
- Broad experience in educational theory and practices
- Strong administration and communication skills
- Value other team members while working in a team style organisation
- Appropriate professional credentials and licensure for a Athletic Director
Applicants should also be able to show how they have strengths in:
- Coaching at Secondary School level.
- Contributing to the development of a growing PE department.
- Setting up and coordinating the facilities for competitions and sports related events.
Required Travel: None
Minimum Education: Bachelors degree
Minimum Experience: 0 - 1 year