High School Social Studies Teacher
Full time and Permanent
Required from August 2019
Overview of the School and the Role
TLC International School is a well-established International School situated in Dongguan, China. We are actively seeking a High School Social Studies Teacher for the academic year that begins in August 2019.
TLC International School was started by Dr. and Mrs. Craig Kempf after decades of experience in teaching and administrating in American school settings. They came to China in 2002 invited by a local university to lead their English Training Department. However, after some exposure to the local international schools in Dongguan, they felt there was still an unmet need in this age bracket as well. A small group of expatriate families who were looking for a school for their children approached the Kempfs. They wanted to find a school that would teach strong moral character as well as hire teachers with a loving approach and strong grasp on truth.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of an ambitious and forward-thinking International school.
We are seeking a High School Social Studies Teacher who will:
- Teach classes of about 18 students.
- Subjects include Geography, World History, U.S. History, and government and economics.
- Practice faith integration and implement the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum.
- Be a part of a supportive and encouraging team.
- Meet periodically with the Secondary Principal and other teachers to discuss any problems and make plans for the enrichment of the program.
- Write weekly lesson plans and quarterly reports.
- Prepare and lead students who wish to take part in the Model United Nations (MUN) network.
- Teach a teacher-designed elective course for High School.
- Bachelor’s degree in History or Social Studies
- 0 – 2 years. Must hold valid teaching certification.