An opportunity has arisen to come and work for one of the UK’s leading FE Colleges, graded outstanding by OFSTED. We excel in offering high quality, technical and professional education leading to professional and skilled employment through strong relationships with employers. B&FC is a major local employer with over 1000 staff and an annual turnover of £52m. Over 16,000 students choose to study at B&FC each year and over 1,000 employers choose to work with us.
The Student Support & Wellbeing department team is looking for a Higher Education Learning Mentor to come and join their high performing team on a term-time only, permanent basis. In return, we offer an exceptional rewards and benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Free courses*
- Competitive pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sports facilities, including a fully-equipped Gym (Bispham Campus)
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast- (dependant on campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks - dependant on campus
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices, including Level 6 restaurant (Bispham Campus)
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including: Hair and beauty treatments, Bakery, Office and printing services.
Please note that the salary advertised is a Full Time Equivalent. This post is Term Time Only which means you will only work 36 weeks of the year, as such the actual take home pay working these hours will be between £18,278 and £22,260 annually. These payments would be split in to 12 equal monthly payments.
Please download the Job Description to view full Principal Duties and Person Specification.
If you are interested in this post, please click on the 'apply for this job' button and complete the online form.
Please note that uploading a CV is optional whereas, completing the online form is mandatory. When completing the personal statement section, there is a 1000 word limit.
Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.