Hours: 35 Hours per week, term time only (Monday to Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm)
Salary: Hay 8 (£19,950 - £22,136 per annum)
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2020 subject to governor Financial Review.
Blackhorse Primary School would like to appoint an enthusiastic and energetic Higher Level Teaching Assistant to provide cover across the school each day. You will need to be extremely flexible and versatile in your approach as the year group you will be supporting will change from day to day dependent upon need. This is a really exciting opportunity for an experienced HLTA to not only develop their cross curricular skills but also give them the experience they would need before moving on to a teacher training placement. Blackhorse is a member of the NEXUS Teaching Alliance which run the Schools Direct programme to which two of our HLTAs have been successful in securing a place on this year.
We are able to offer you:
- A vibrant, successful school with outstanding behaviour, an outstanding curriculum, outstanding inclusion & outstanding Leadership & Management;
- An enthusiastic and highly motivated team of staff;
- Access to professional development from the NEXUS Teaching School;
- A modern and well-resourced school;
- Respectful, proud, brave and successful learners who want to do their best.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Are a qualified HLTA with experience of working in KS1 & KS2;
- OR an outstanding TA who would like to train as an HLTA;
- Have experience of supporting learning and improving outcomes for vulnerable children;
- Are keen and willing to lead learning whilst covering staff absence;
- Have a good understanding of the new curriculum, particularly in English & Maths;
- Have an interest or specialism in one of the foundation subjects;
- Can motivate and engage children in all areas of learning;
- Have high expectations for all children and can positively promote inclusion;
- Have excellent communication skills, enjoy working as part of a team and are willing to work flexibly alongside a range of children and adults;
- Are able to provide nurturing and caring support for all children;
- Are fun, energetic and bursting with energy.
Blackhorse Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
The closing date for applications is: 8.30am 4th March
Interviews are scheduled to take place on: Monday 11th March
Blackhorse Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.