Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Salary dependent on experience
Initially one year fixed term contract
Do you want to make a difference? We are looking for enthusiastic and flexible staff members to work within our well established, thriving and lively team.
The main duties of an HLTA will be to provide day to day cover within the school and include:
• Supervision of work that has been set by class teacher
• Interacting with pupils to assist with learning and teaching
• Ensuring that pupils remain on focus
• Ability to manage pupil behaviour and control a class
Candidates must have:
• A proven track record of supporting pupils and teachers in a class based context
• Minimum 6 months working experience in this field
• Have a minimum HLTA/NVQ Level 4 or equivalent qualification
• A positive and caring ethos and working atmosphere
• Friendly children, eager to learn and achieve
• A committed, enthusiastic and supportive staff team
• Excellent support from the Governing Body, the staff and parents
• An excellent opportunity for professional and career development including possibility of Assessment Only route to teaching.
You will work 33.5 hours per week, 8.30am–3.30pm Monday to Friday, to include a lunch time duty each day plus one-hour training per week, term time only (plus 5 INSET days).
We welcome visits to the school from prospective candidates. Please contact Susan Anderson, the Headteacher's PA, to arrange an appointment or request an application pack. Please download and email completed application forms to the Headteacher's PA. Alternatively application packs can be downloaded from the school website. Previous candidates need not apply. Please note that CV’s are not accepted.
Closing date: Midday Tuesday 26th March 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 2nd April 2019
IQRA Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education Legislation