Hours: 15 hours 30 minutes per week, term time only. Monday – Friday Afternoons.
Please note that we are also advertising two morning only posts, which could work alongside this post for the right applicant.
Salary: Hay 8 (£9,064 - £9,999 per annum)
We are delighted to be able to offer this new position to work within our TA team and cover classes across the age range to support with PPA and leadership class cover.
• has engaged, creative, eager learners who rise to challenges and are determined to do their best
• has a highly skilled, enthusiastic and committed staff, strong community and Church links and a fully engaged and supportive Governing Body.
• is collectively determined to ensure that the school continues the journey of building on the recent very positive OfSTED report to offer the best for every child.
• puts innovative teaching, contextualised learning and the quality of children’s experiences, at the heart of the curriculum.
The new HLTA….
• Will have a HLTA qualification or equivalent.
• Will be a dedicated and competent teaching assistant with experience of teaching groups and whole classes across all of KS2.
• Will be enthusiastic, have a good sense of humour and creatively share ideas with the wider team.
• Is a role model for our Christian distinctiveness and values as a Church school.
• Will have excellent interpersonal skills to quickly become part of the team and to develop the support staff within the team.
• Will demonstrate some understanding of the recent changes to assessment, teaching and curriculum and know how to support teachers in delivering these by contributing to planning, marking and assessing.
• Will be keen to take on responsibility to contribute to the next exciting stage of CCJ’s journey towards being the best we can be.
• Is able to work as part of the TA team, sharing best practice, supporting colleagues and facilitating the smooth running of the team and their timetables.
Visits to the school are very welcome and encouraged, please telephone the school office to arrange a visit.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 1st May at 12pm. Interviews will take place in the week commencing 6th May.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Christ Church, Church of England Junior School, Downend is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.