Strathmore is a forward-thinking and innovative special school with a very exciting future ahead of us.
We have recently moved into purpose built accommodation co-located with local, inclusive minded mainstream Primary and Secondary schools.
We are a happy, positive and hard working day special school for learners with complex learning difficulties. 60% of pupils have an additional diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorders or have additional physical and sensory disabilities. Our pupils come from all parts of the borough and from neighbouring boroughs. We work closely with our colleagues from Educational Psychology, Health and Social Care to ensure that our learners receive all the support and challenge they need to achieve. Every pupil has an individual learning programme that details what and how they are learning, including input from Speech and Language, Occupational, Physiotherapy and Music Therapy. Our Family Worker provides invaluable encouragement and information to our families. 100% of parents said that their child is happy and enjoys school and that they would recommend Strathmore.
We have very high aspirations for all of our learners and high expectations of ourselves.
100% of our staff said they feel positive and happy coming to work each day.
Successful candidates will:
- Be experienced working with children/young people with SEND within Early Years/Primary/Secondary and/or Post 16 setting.
- Have a good understanding of child development and learning processes.
- Have very good Communication and Numeracy skills and can use ICT effectively to support learning.
- Working knowledge and experience of implementing national/foundation stage curriculum and other relevant learning programmes/strategies.
- Demonstrate high expectations of children’s achievements and behaviour.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations – verbal and written.
- Ability to organise, lead and motivate a team.
We offer you:
- Excellent professional development opportunities;
- Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors;
- A well-resourced school;
- The opportunity to make a significant positive contribution to the learning and experiences of the pupils in this unique Special School.
Interviews: Wednesday 10th July 2019
This post is physical in nature and may present emotional and physical demands not common in mainstream schools. Strathmore School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will undergo safeguarding screening, including checks with past and current employers and an enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Strathmore School is committed to providing equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced criminal record check with the DBS.