Hours: 20 hours 15 minutes per week, term time only.
Tuesday 0815-1215 & 1300-1545, Wednesday & Thursday 0815-1230 & 1315-1545
Salary: Hay 8 (£13,011 - £14,353 per annum)
This is a fixed term contract until 31st August 2020 subject to a review of the PPA provision.
Required from 1 September 2019, an outstanding, creative and highly motivated HLTA to join our PPA team. The post will be to teach lessons as part of our new PPA model to children across the age range of Year 2 to Year 4 over three afternoons, Tuesday to Thursday. The likely subject areas will be; PHSE, RE and occasionally music.
This post also supports non-teaching time for our SLT teachers for Years 2 and 3 and non-teaching time for our 2 NQTS in Year 2 and 4.
You should be committed to continually developing your own teaching and learning skills and to making a difference to the children for whom you will hold responsibility.
You will be joining a busy school community, committed to continuous improvement, on its journey to outstanding.
The successful candidates will:
• Have the ability to plan and deliver high quality, innovative lessons which inspire and challenge.
• Be able to create an engaging and supportive learning environment.
• Have high expectations of children, themselves and others in all aspects of school life.
• Be committed to raising the achievement of all children.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver positive outcomes for all children.
• Be willing to become involved and contribute to all aspects of school life.
We are able to offer:
• Enthusiastic, well-behaved and motivated children who enjoy school and are keen to learn.
• A supportive, forward thinking team of staff and Governors, committed to school improvement and building on the many strengths of Wheatfield.
• Supportive parents and carers with high expectations.
• An attractive, well-resourced, learning environment.
• A range of professional development opportunities.
Applications are welcome from experienced HLTAs, colleagues who are awaiting confirmation of a successful HLTA qualification or to qualified teachers to whom this position may appeal.
Visits to the school prior to making your application are warmly welcomed. Visits are scheduled for the following date (please call us to make an appointment):
Thursday, 13 June 2019 @ 11am and 4pm
We would also encourage applicants to look at our Recruitment Pack which provides further details about our school and about this post; including our job description. Our Recruitment Pack is available on the Vacancies page of our website.
Completed applications should be made using our application form. We are unable to accept applications from CVs. Please submit your application by email or by post to Mrs Denise Hickson,
The closing date for applications is 9.00am on Friday, 21 June 2018.
It is anticipated that interviews may be held on Tuesday,25 June 2019.
Wheatfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.