Hours: 31 Hours 15 Minutes per week, term time only (Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.45pm)
Salary: Hay 8 (£18,274 - £20,159 per annum)
We are looking for an outstanding and enthusiastic Qualified Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our highly successful school.
The successful candidate will be joining a staff team that is forward-thinking, dynamic and exceptionally supportive.
The role will be to deliver cover in a range of ages across school and also to work with small groups of pupils to deliver support in both academic and social, emotional, mental health interventions.
A passion for drawing out the best in all young people is vital as well as a desire to personally achieve; interests in all subjects & skills considered, please state any specialisms you have in your application.
We are looking for a colleague who:
• Has the required qualifications and experience of leading whole class and intervention support,
• Is an excellent practitioner and team player,
• Has high expectations for all pupils and is committed to raising attainment and progress,
• Has a record of outstanding practice in a primary setting, including promoting outstanding behaviours for learning,
• Has the ability to raise the attainment of pupils under their charge, meeting individual needs through exciting and interactive teaching methods,
• Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team,
• Is able to work well as part of a team,
• Is willing to contribute to the wider life of the school.
Our school affords the opportunity to:
• Thrive on the benefits of working in a school with a strong set of Christian values that promote care for each other and excellence for all.
• Work in teams to plan and deliver an outstanding curriculum.
• Observe and learn from talented colleagues, both within our own school and the schools that we collaborate with.
• Work with motivated and articulate learners.
• Work in partnership with supportive parents, carers and governors.
Mangotsfield C of E Primary School is a happy and vibrant learning community for staff and children alike. Although a larger than average school (currently 600 children), our success and reputation in the community that we serve means that we are still growing. Mangotsfield is an outstanding school and a designated Teaching School working closely with our Teaching School Alliance (Nexus) partner schools on a continual school improvement journey that challenges and supports our own and other schools within the local area.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Interview date: Friday 8th November 2019
Please note that if you have not been called for an interview by
5pm on Tuesday 5th November 2019, then you have not been successful on this occasion.
Closing date for applications is Monday 4th November at 9am.
Mangotsfield Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.