Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Salary Scale: SO1
Pay point Level: 23 – 25
Actual gross salary: £20,371.48 - £21,719.06
Hours: 32.5 per week Term Time only + 5 additional training days
Contract: Initially a 12 month contract, further would be dependent on pupil funding
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Friday 5th June 2020 12 Noon
Interview: 11th June 2020
Please be aware we do not accept applications direct from agencies
The Governors of this caring and successful school with to appoint an HLTA to complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision. This will involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for whole classes/groups/individuals alongside assessing, recording and reporting on pupils’ achievement, progress and development.
We are looking for HLTAs who want to make a real difference to the lives of our pupils to inspire a desire for learning, to maintain our high standards and make a significant impact on the life chances of our pupils.
The successful candidates will excel in meeting the diverse needs of our pupils. You will be supported within your class by a team of Learning Support Assistants and by a Middle and Senior Leadership Team who have a secure understanding of the rewards and challenges of teaching in our school. Our staff are passionate about developing the learning and life chances and opportunities of our pupils and young people.
We are particularly interested in applications from candidates who have experience working with Complex Communication and Autism difficulties. The successful candidate is likely to be working in the Informal Teaching and Learning Group.
Broomfield South SILC is a generic all age, special school maintained by Leeds City Council. Our pupils and young people (2-19) have a wide range of learning difficulties, including Autistic Spectrum Condition.
We offer an inclusive setting operating on the main Broomfield site and two mainstream partnership sites:
· Windmill Primary School
· Rodillian Academy
This enables us to meet a wide variety of pupils’ needs and provide support and advice to the community. Staff can be expected to work on any of the three sites if required
The successful candidates will have;
· Experience and skills of working with pupils with a wide range of Special Educational Need and strategies to ensure learning is engaging and inclusive
· High expectations, commitment and enthusiasm for both the personal and educational development of all pupils
· Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
· An ability to work collaboratively with parents, carers, multi- professionals and outside agencies
· The ability to work effectively within a team
· A passion for education and willingness to support staff in enabling all our pupils to reach their potential
· A commitment to making contributions to the life of the school
· A commitment to the provision of a high quality education for all
In addition the following personal qualities;
· Positive and creative attitude
· Enthusiasm and the ability to motivate and inspire others
· Able to use initiative
· Willingness to reflect and share effective practice with others
In return we can offer:
· Amazing pupils who love coming to school and are encouraged to learn the skills they will need for life outside of school.
· The support of our strong, caring and committed staff team
· A comprehensive CPD programme with a commitment to developing your skills and career progression
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of sex, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age, or disability.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
The Broomfield main site and our partnership sites have disabled access facilities, including a lift.
For further details and recruitment pack please contact Broomfield South SILC by email or visit our website. (see how to apply for details)
or by telephoning Rhona Mackintosh on 0113-2771603
Please note that Broomfield South SILC operates No Smoking policy
Broomfield South SILC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.