A bit about us:
The Olympus Academy Trust has experienced an exciting period of growth and change over the last few years, which has seen us double in size. Now with nine schools and in excess of 800 employees, the Trust is a significant education provider in the South West with a relentless drive to continue to deliver an outstanding education for more and more children and young people within the districts of Bradley Stoke, Filton, Patchway and the surrounding areas. From our inspirational teachers to our dedicated central support teams, we are always looking for exceptional individuals who want to be part of an organisation where everyone has a part to play in ‘making a difference’.
Our values are: Excellence – we believe in aiming high and giving out best, Collaboration – we believe we are stronger together and Opportunity – we believe in infinite possibilities for all our learners.
Meadowbrook Primary School
Position: Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Hours: 15 hours per week Term Time Only plus Inset days
Contract: Fixed Term 1 year due to budgetary constraints
Salary: Grade 8 (£8,956 per annum)
A bit about the role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Higher Level Teaching Assistant, with demonstrable experience of delivering learning activities to a whole class to join our team at Meadowbrook Primary School. This role is 15 hours per week, Monday to Friday, on a term time only basis plus Inset Days. This role is offered as a fixed term contract linked to budgetary constraints and will end on 31st August 2021.
A bit about you:
The successful applicant will:
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to establish good working relationships with children, staff and parents.
• Have excellent standards of literacy and numeracy: must hold Maths & English at Pass Level or GCSE “C” or above or equivalent and hold the HLTA qualification.
• Have a secure knowledge and experience of working in both Key Stages, complimenting and supporting the professional work of the teaching staff.
• Take responsibility for creating and maintaining purposeful and stimulating learning environments in liaison with the class teachers.
• Have responsibility for the development and management of other teaching assistants.
• Have experience of teaching and assessing children’s learning in groups as well as delivering learning activities to the whole class.
The Olympus Academy Trust benefits:
• Nationally negotiated cost of living pay
• Automatic enrolment to the teacher or local government pension schemes
• Life assurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Employee assistance programme
• Personalised professional development and training
• Staff recognition scheme
• Pay portability for teaching professionals
• Recognition of local government continuous service
• Generous family and work/life balance policies and procedures
• Preferential rates for gym and Bristol Zoo - Wild Place membership
• Internal career opportunities
Please download the application form and save to desktop. Completed applications should be submitted by pressing 'apply online'. Please also submit a covering letter explaining the reasons for your interest in working for the Trust.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9am on Monday 17th August 2020. Interviews will most likely take place that week. Please note that the Trust reserve the right to close the advert early at our discretion.
Meadowbrook Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.