HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT
Fixed term until 31/8/21, part-time (33.5 hours per week) term time only.
VTG 9 Scale Point 26 -29, starting salary £24,343 per annum, pro rata (actual starting salary £18,851 per annum) + Health Cash Plan and Benefits Package.
Venturers Trust is a dynamic and focused multi-academy trust based in Bristol, formed in September 2017 through the merger of CGS Trust and Merchants’ Academy Trust. The Trust is responsible for eight academies, 3,500 pupils and 700 staff with a commitment to making a significant and lifelong difference to the lives of young people from some of Bristol’s most disadvantaged communities.
The Trust is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. Both sponsors seek to ensure that all our young people receive a truly inspiring education. Their support, challenge and expertise are greatly valued.
We looking to recruit a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join an exciting and committed team at Barton Hill Academy. We are seeking a dedicated individual who will contribute to a wide range of teaching and learning activities and assist and support the work of qualified teachers. This will necessitate working with individuals, small groups and whole classes where the assigned teacher is not present.
The successful candidate will have:
• GCSEs at Grade C or above in English and maths (or equivalent qualifications).
• Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience.
• Hold relevant qualifications at a level equivalent to at least NQF Level 3.
• Experience of relevant learning programmes/strategies/codes of practice.
• Understanding of relevant policies/ codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation.
• Understanding of principles of child development and learning processes and barriers to learning.
• Have trained in relevant learning strategies, e.g. literacy.
You may also have learning support qualifications or a PGCE. At Barton Hill Academy we value professional development opportunities. For example, some of our Teaching Assistants have a PGCE qualification and have worked with us as part of their preparation for teaching or have held degrees and progressed on into teaching as the experience of Teaching Assistant work is valued for recruitment to teacher training.
Closing date: Tuesday 6th October 2020 at 9:00. Interviews: Week commencing 12th October 2020