Castle Batch is an exciting, forward thinking and dynamic primary academy, which Ofsted judged to be ‘good’ (November 2017). Ofsted said, ‘Castle Batch is an inclusive school, characterised by very good relationships and a caring ethos’. The school has very committed staff who work creatively, in partnership with parents, to enable children to achieve great outcomes. We also place great emphasis on supporting children on a social and emotional level and have strong ethos of inclusion in relation to our SEND children.
We are part of The Priory Learning Trust, compromising of local primary and secondary schools, enabling us to work closely with a range of practitioners from all phases of education. This is a very exciting time for Castle Batch and a great time to join us.
We are looking for a qualified HLTA to work with our Key Stage 1 children initially with future opportunities to work across the school.
This role will be working 7.5 hours per week, term time only. This is a fixed-term role until 31 August 2021.
The successful candidates will need:
- A good standard of education / three or more GCSEs including Maths and English at grade C or above or L2 Literacy and Numeracy
- NVQ/VRQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification or equivalent (supporting teaching and learning)
- HLTA Status
- Considerable experience of working as a Teaching Assistant at Level 3 in a school including large groups and whole class sessions
- Knowledge of Child Protection Procedures
- To be creative and good at thinking ‘outside the box’
- An ability to adapt and respond to the needs of the children
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate with the year group team, parents and children
- TA Foundation Degree
We can offer you:
- A school ethos which puts the child right in the centre of all that we do
- A leadership team who are committed to your wellbeing, supporting you to focus upon the key things that make a difference for children
- Friendly, dedicated and supportive colleagues
- The opportunity to develop your career as part of a growing Multi Academy Trust
- A fun and exciting approach to learning, where creativity and new ideas are highly valued
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact Debbie Parker at the school to arrange an appointment.
Please note that if you do not hear from us within 3 working days of the closing date, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Castle Batch Primary School Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.