We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic HLTA who will undertake class cover duties and support the catch up interventions across the school; this may be covering a class teacher releasing them to work with groups or leading a specific intervention with the children. You will need to be extremely flexible and versatile in your approach as the support needed may change throughout the week.
St John’s is well-resourced and vibrant learning environment where children are enthusiastic, friendly and hard working. We are committed to safeguarding all our pupils and all candidates will be asked to confi9rm their identity, address and qualifications. The successful candidate will require a DBS and satisfactory references.
We are proud of our children and committed to them all achieving their best across the wide range of opportunities we offer them.
The successful candidate will:
• have recent and relevant class cover experience in a primary school
• be familiar with the primary curriculum and required standards
• be able to support the English and Maths curriculum through good subject knowledge
• demonstrate a commitment to delivering and demanding high standards both of themselves and learners.
• Support and promote a high level of learning behaviour from the children
• be committed to life-long learning
• be able to work collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues and to communicate effectively with children, parents, staff and governors
• hard-working, flexible and reflective
We can offer:
• confident, enthusiastic children who are motivated to learn
• an enthusiastic, friendly staff team committed to improvement
• comprehensive CPD and opportunities which embrace change and innovation
• positive and supportive parents, with an active PTA/Friends committee
• knowledgeable and hard-working Governors
• the opportunity to work within a local schools’, collaborative Greensand MAT established to focus on improving the education for all the children in our community
We welcome enquiries to the school; please contact the office to arrange to speak to the head teacher about the post.
Hours of work will initially be: 8.45am - 3.15pm (Part time hours will be considered)
Salary: Full Time Equivalent salary £21,210 - 26,866, actual salary would be pro-rata depending on working hours and based on 38.6 working weeks per annum. Furthermore placement within the pay range would be subject to experience.
Closing date: Thursday 22nd October at 9am
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a DBS check at an enhanced level .
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.