Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) for Language and Literacy and Form/Link Tutor
Salary: G09, spine point 26, £24,982 per annum pro rata. Actual commencing salary £15,282 per annum
Hours: 26 hours per week, term time only.
We are seeking to appoint an HLTA to have shared responsibility with the English Faculty Leader and SENDCo for the planning, development, co-ordination and management of the intervention programme which will support students and enhance their language and literacy skills at KS3 and 4 including specific support for the GCSE syllabuses in English Language and English Literature.
To work in close liaison with colleagues, other agencies and parents to create co-ordinated approaches to supporting individual students, monitoring their effectiveness and supporting colleagues in their implementation.
• The opportunity to join the staff team at this high attaining, successful and oversubscribed school
• A committed and enthusiastic staff group
• Exciting opportunities for personal and professional development
Cotham School is an extremely successful specialist co-operative academy that serves the local community, providing a high quality education for its students. We consistently deliver outstanding academic outcomes, amongst the best in the city and are determined to raise standards even further.
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Cotham School is a great place to work. We’re a fantastic friendly team, proud of what we achieve and looking forward to welcoming new people to share in our achievements. Join us and you’ll receive a wide range of employee benefits including:
• a generous holiday allowance for support staff of 24 days, rising to 29 with service
• excellent work life balance with term time working arrangements
• excellent defined benefit pension schemes (Local government or teachers pension scheme)
• access to employee assistance programme and counselling sessions
• ongoing learning and development opportunities and access to the school CPD library
• at least 5 inset (training) days per annum with the provision of free onsite drinks and meals
• comprehensive induction process
• competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
• family friendly policies and wellbeing support initiatives
• savings on purchases via smart hive employee benefits platform
• reduced price access to gyms and health sessions
• access to staff sports
• option to participate in the cycle to work scheme
• on site free car parking (when available)
• access to discounted dental and health care schemes, plus free eye tests and free annual flu jab
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability and we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Further details can be found on our website.
Closing date: Friday, 4th of December 2020 at 9.00 am
Interviews are likely to be held on: Friday, 11th of December 2020
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK