An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and accredited High Level Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and dedicated team at Greenfield E-ACT Academy. We are looking for someone with drive, enthusiasm and a desire for 'nothing but the best' for our pupils.
POST: Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
SALARY: £22,381-£24,367 per annum (actual)
SALARY SCALE: NJC Scale 19-23 £25,481-£27,741 per annum FTE
LOCATION: Greenfield E-Act Academy, Knowle, Bristol
START DATE: 04/01/2021 or as soon as thereafter
CONTRACT: Permanent, 32.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Here at Greenfield E-Act Academy we pride ourselves on putting the children at the centre of everything we do. We are passionate about providing an exciting learning journey for each child where they are encouraged to challenge themselves in a safe environment. As an academy, we are proud of our inclusive culture in which each child is valued and nurtured, given opportunities to succeed and develops a love for learning.
The successful candidate will provide effective support both in and out of class to assist the Academy in raising standards of pupils' achievement. This will involve leading interventions with groups of children from all attainment groups to ensure we meet the needs of all pupils. In addition to having previous experience in a primary setting, training in phonics, evidence based interventions and/or Thrive would be an advantage.
We require a Higher-Level Teaching Assistant to :-
- Work across the key stages
- Deliver lessons to whole classes or groups
- Cover classes when necessary
- Support the delivery of interventions for key children across all key stages
- The successful candidate must be literate, numerate and hold a Higher Level Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent, and have experience and understanding of working with young children including those with special education needs.
Our children need someone who:
- Is committed to high standards and expectations
- Understands how children learn
- Is flexible and adaptable
- Is caring, pro-active and demonstrates a can-do attitude
- Appreciates that children learn best when they are happy and feel safe
What we value : Our values are our anchor point and underpin all we do.
- THINKING BIG: For themselves and for the world around them by thinking beyond the four walls of their academy, and having the belief that anything they aspire to achieve is possible through hard work.
- DOING THE RIGHT THING: In all that they do by carefully thinking through their decisions, even when it means doing something that’s hard or takes a lot of time.
- SHOWING TEAM SPIRIT: By supporting one another, and knowing that by working together great things can be achieved.
Working at E-Act
At E-Act we believe that our employees each play a vital role in educating our 18,000 pupils. In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector-leading work-life balance arrangements.
Working at E-Act will also offer you great benefits such as
- A member of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 30 days holiday per year plus 8 BH
If you feel you would thrive within this role, then we would love to hear from you; join us on our journey at a very exciting stage in the school’s development.
For further details on the post and how to apply, you will need to click on the 'Apply Now' button to be re-directed to our main advert and then submit your application online through Job Train.
The closing date for applications is 29th November 2020 at 17:00 pm
Successful candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing date to arrange an interview.
The interview date is to be confirmed.
All E-ACT academies, the Ambassadors and Headteachers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, and undergo appropriate checks including an enhanced DBS check. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.