Ysgol Y Graig
Chair of Governors: Ann James
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA): Nurture Class - Permanent
(To cover class teacher as necessary)
Level 4, Grade 5 SCP 18-22
£24,982 - £27,041 p.a. (i.e. 76.48% = £19,106 - £20,680 p.a. pro rata)
32.5 hours per week
Required for 4th January 2021
The Governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic, resilient and committed HLTA to join our happy school. The successful applicant will be working in our Nurture setting and will be expected to undertake some whole class teaching responsibilities.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is passionate and is prepared to be flexible, and has extensive experience across the whole primary phase;
• Is passionate about achieving equality of access and opportunity for all, within our highly inclusive community;
• Demonstrates the ability to inspire trust, confidence and self-worth in all our pupils;
• Has exceptional behaviour management skills and places inclusion at the core of their professional practice;
• Can represent the school to the highest standards, leading and supporting children and colleagues in an outreach capacity, maximising opportunities for inclusion and reintegration with children’s’ feeder schools;
• Is committed to raising achievement for all;
• Is hard-working and enthusiastic, willing to support all aspects of the school's work and its strong, caring ethos;
• Is able to work independently and as part of a highly effective team;
• Has the dedication to work in a thriving and forward-looking school in order to develop sector leading nurture provision;
• Will offer a range of personal skills and abilities to enrich our school community.
• Has experience and understanding of the Nurture principles.
• Is a resilient, conscientious team member who is able to manage challenging behaviour.
We can offer:
• Enthusiastic children who enjoy learning;
• Supportive colleagues, parents and governors;
• A dedicated team and motivated staff;
• A rewarding position for someone who puts children first;
• Excellent professional learning opportunities.
An information video about the school is available on request for interested candidates.
For further information regarding the above vacancy, please contact Acting Headteacher Lisa Jones.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Monday 7th December 2020
Shortlisting –Wednesday 9th December 2020
Interviews –Wednesday 16th December 2020
Application forms can be completed online.
If you do not have access to the internet, application forms can be obtained by telephoning and are to be returned no later than Monday 7th December to HR Administration, Civic Centre, Castle Street, Merthyr Tydfil, CF47 8AN.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council encourages applications from Welsh speakers. Application forms may be submitted in Welsh and any applications completed in Welsh will not be treated any less favourably than those submitted in English.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council is committed to protecting and safeguarding the most vulnerable people in our community. Rigorous pre-employment checks are undertaken for all appointments as part of our recruitment and selection process.
All employees are required to comply with their individual and organisational responsibilities under the Data Protection Act, the Information Security Policy and relevant supporting operational policies. Any matters of a confidential nature must not be disclosed or passed to any unauthorised persons or third party under any circumstance either during or after employment except in the proper course of your employment or as required by law, Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council or both. Any breach of confidentiality may lead to disciplinary action.
Ysgol-Y-Graig Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.