An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join the staff team at Wroughton Juniors. We are looking for an experienced HLTA to work 3 days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) on a permanent contract.
Wroughton Junior School is a vibrant 3-form entry school set in the village of Wroughton, just south of the M4. We have fantastic school grounds, including a large field, 2 playgrounds and a woodland area with tree house for outdoor learning.
The role will primarily be teaching classes to release Teachers for their weekly PPA time as well as covering classes to release phase and subject leaders. The successful candidate will work alongside two existing HLTAs so we can release our teachers in year group teams.
You will be provided with all the necessary curriculum support and professional development needed so you can provide a consistently high standard of education for our children.
In our most recent Ofsted report (May 2019) we were deemed to be Good. This is an opportunity to join a thriving, forward-looking and supportive staff team at a school whose values underpin the drive to help children achieve a high degree of individual success.
We are a successful and happy school, with an established team of dedicated staff. The staff are continually developing their practice to ensure the children gain an excellent education. We have well motivated children who enjoy learning and are eager to participate in everything the school and community offers.
We are looking for a suitable candidate who:
- Has experience of working in Key Stage 2, with a commitment to delivering high-quality educational experiences for all pupils
- Has proven to be a reflective practitioner who consistently seeks to improve their understanding to support learning and accelerate pupil progress
- Has high expectations of children both academically and socially
- Can share experience and expertise in the current learning strategies for children
- Works closely with colleagues as a team member
- Shares the school’s ethos and vision
- Has enthusiasm, dedication, an excellent rapport with both children and staff and a sense of humour
- Has a calm and consistent approach to working with the children
- Possesses good communication skills with colleagues, children and parents
We will offer:
- A caring, warm and friendly school with a supportive and committed staff team
- Happy, well behaved children who are eager to learn
- A positive school at the heart of the community
- A commitment to professional development
If you feel you would thrive in this position, then we would love to hear from you.
For further details and an application form can be found on our website. Visits to the school are still going ahead with appropriate measures taken to limit the possible spread of the Covid-19 virus. Please contact Mrs Tkocz, our Head of School, to arrange a visit.
Application should be via the Swindon Borough Council application form and should include a personal statement in the appropriate section (up to 2 A4 pages) outlining your experience and skills and describing your suitability for the role.
Wroughton Primary Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.