SEND Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Full Time and Fixed Term for 1 Year (linked to SEND funding)
BG9: Salary between £25,481- £27,741 pro rata (actual salary between £22,629 - £24,636)
We are looking for an experienced and highly skilled SEND teaching assistant who enjoys working with children with SEND, has a passion meeting the needs of all learners and will put the needs of our children first.
This HLTA role will involve leading a small team of Teaching Assistants to provide a personalised curriculum for a small group of SEND children. You will have a designated classroom and outdoor space to base the provision within.
You will work closely with our Inclusion Lead and SENDCo to ensure that the provision meets the children’s needs.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Experience of working with children with SEND, specifically Global Developmental Delay and ASC
- A good understanding of how to modify and adapt the school day to meet the needs of an individual child
- An ability to be flexible, positive and good humoured; proactively seeking creative ways of meeting children’s needs
- Good levels of written English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
We can offer you:
- A thriving and vibrant school committed to inclusion and equalities
- Wonderful children who enjoy coming to school and supportive parents
- A happy and positive working environment
- Friendly, supportive colleagues who are committed to improvement
Unfortunately, due to the timing of the appointment, we are unable to offer school visits. If you have any questions, please contact the school office by phone or email.
Closing date: 4pm Friday 3rd September 2021
Shortlisting: Monday 6th September 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 14th Septmber 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS record check.
Whitehall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.